prusik on flip line???

straight fell

well some interesting there lads and i must admit that the distel is a new one on me, im self trained lol, and after finding it on here and tying it on i do agree it seems a better knot but guess ill find out more on monday at work :biggrin:

is the distel only meant to go one way when tight??? and does it look like ive done it right in pics?? thanks for replying and advice :thumbup1:

sweden058.jpg

sweden059.jpg

well some interesting there lads and i must admit that the distel is a new one on me, im self trained lol, and after finding it on here and tying it on i do agree it seems a better knot but guess ill find out more on monday at work :biggrin:

is the distel only meant to go one way when tight??? and does it look like ive done it right in pics?? thanks for replying and advice :thumbup1:

Yes, the distel (as you've tied it) is only meant to work in one direction. So no double-ended flipline usage with a distel. You should consider adding a small tending pulley to the setup. Eases one'handed usage.

:biggrin:

It just makes everything flow smoother in many different scenarios. Picture this, you our anchored in to a main anchor point and out on a secondary stem at a 45degree angle. You have your flipine round the tree to stabilize yourself, cut a branch off and proceed to spike another couple of feet to the next branch that you want to cut. You then need to adjust your flipline a touch. With a self tending flipline you would in essence be able to do this without needing to stow your saw inbetween cuts to slide your prussik up.

As said, thats just one scenario. Overall it creates a far more fluid climbing style

Flow is good, we've all had days when everything flows and we'll come down feeling pretty damn good... Then we have days when things don't flow and we feel lousy and frustrated. I suppose I'll never understand these new gadgets until I get to try them. For the life of me though I can't figure out how they tend themselves; how can you pull the tail end through with one hand and not need to hold some sort of gate/cam open with the other hand? Has it got a motor in it?

Another thing: "Tend", I've got used to this word but we never had such a word, when did it become common currency?

Another thing: "Tend", I've got used to this word but we never had such a word, when did it become common currency?

Straight out of the dictionary:

Tend (verb) 

tended, past participle; tended, past tense; tending, present participle; tends, 3rd person singular present

1. Care for or look after; give one's attention to

- Viola tended plants on the roof

- for two or three months he tended to business

2. Direct or manage; work in

- I've been tending bar at the airport lounge

3. Wait on as an attendant or servant

Straight out of the dictionary:

Tend (verb) 

tended, past participle; tended, past tense; tending, present participle; tends, 3rd person singular present

1. Care for or look after; give one's attention to

- Viola tended plants on the roof

- for two or three months he tended to business

2. Direct or manage; work in

- I've been tending bar at the airport lounge

3. Wait on as an attendant or servant

Yes... Thank you Morten... I was meaning in the tree climbing context.