346xp problem?

marsonpee

You shouldn't do any damage if the saw idles too low or the mix on the L screw is out.... rich or lean - these saws run some pretty high revs on the top end, get the H screw adjustment wrong and the saw will fail.

These saws can have problems with the carb boot that can cause idleing problems - possibly worth a check.

Thanks spud, will bear that all in mind if any problems arise.

With the idle tweaked to my liking its been working just fine now and idling nicely, was just concerned my mate might end up wrecking his saw if he wanted it set back again to what it was.

Is this a 50cc or the older 45cc 346? There is 2 service bulletins on the carbs and intakes on the older ones.

If older saw it goes by serial number and back to date.

Yes - the earlier ones will have a plastic clip to join it to the cylinder, the later ones have a metal band/clip that works a lot better but still isn't great - much care should be taken with reassembly and getting the correct positioning of the cylinder to air box partition plate that the boot goes through!

Yes - the earlier ones will have a plastic clip to join it to the cylinder, the later ones have a metal band/clip that works a lot better but still isn't great - much care should be taken with reassembly and getting the correct positioning of the cylinder to air box partition plate that the boot goes through!

Thats what I am getting at. I have both SB saved if he needs numbers.

I had to replace a intake on 357 that warped and have another new one still in package waiting for my 346 45cc IF.

New updated replacement carb is a zama. Have those numbers too.