Felling license "Quarters"

skyhuck

I know that you need a FL if your felling over 8 cube in any quarter.

Is it just Jan,Feb,March, etc, meaning if you did 7.5 cube on 31st of July you could do another 7.5 cube on the 1st of August without a FL??

If not how about doing 7.5 cube on Dec 31st and more on 2nd of Jan??

We've always worked on calender quater to mean jan -mar as being the first Apr - jun, the second etc and FC have always been happy enough.

Unless it's changed recently, using the exemption, it's 5 cube per quarter and you can't sell more than 2 cube of it.

Ah right, for some reason I thought it was 5 cube salable (which I alwas took to be stuff fit for furniture) and 8 cube none salable.

Ah right, for some reason I thought it was 5 cube salable (which I alwas took to be stuff fit for furniture) and 8 cube none salable.

I've never put the salable bit to the test as usually if we've gone in under the exemption then it's been lead off site by the pickup load and into my own shed or the woods been left for the estate/owner.

Just had a quick look on FC site and they're saying 5 cube total still. It's still a fair bit of wood and, like you said in the first post, if you time it right you can get a fair bit down in a short time :001_smile:

Other thing is, it's not that bad to get a felling license usually - we had a site where it was borderline and FC guy said for the sake of a little wait they'd get a license in place and we'd be cool.

its 5cu / qtr and my understanding is the saleable bit covers anything you sell, including firewood cord etc

It depends on the site and the work, If you have a good forestry officer, you can get them in 48hrs if its a thinning, if its clearfell it has to go on the public register for a month, If its a part of an EWGS application, i wouldnt hold your breath as these can take up 18months to get sorted