SpiderJack Tricks

atree

Going to be a long time (if ever) going back to a Hitchclimber,Just wondering What little tricks people use with there Spiderjack?

Here a couple from me.

Pic 1 Add a small sling to go up(pull tail of rope)

Pic 2 Clip big saw into(adds no weight to you)

Pic 3 Get groundy to pull bug saw upto you

Pic 4 M rig?

Pic 5 Coming down single line when RG to small?

DSCN0969.jpg.36d6e7b4ef8f3ca85eea7a027df7f2c1.jpg

DSCN0968.jpg.01570d59c1430c0ef4b411fe114890fb.jpg

DSCN0966.jpg.8bc6e89bec2e10eeb44592e36ed7221a.jpg

DSCN0963.jpg.2d1ac111235eea27e7bf244107388d1c.jpg

DSCN0961.jpg.8d61d4ebd90c663279f65f796b7fbba2.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries,How do you like it?Post some pics of your set-up etc:thumbup1:

I really like it find it takes more thinking about where your rope lies when climbing in order to take full advantage of it. My setup is pretty basic was thinking about using a pulley underneath it maybe attached lower on the bridge of the harness to keep the rope directly under the Sj when on a limb walk.

IMAG0048.jpg.8d14f730a898abf84099808f86f3b2c6.jpg

Cool,Depends how much rope you have underneath it as it will pull through easier,just have to give it pit if a flick to fall through the cam if you know what i mean,

Get urself a wee sling to to make change over's easier,Im just aboiut to put a little dog collar instead of the velcro as it has started coming off when climbing which is PITA.

I quite like the one krab set up does it make it that much easier? i have seen the sling before i also saw it at the VTCC when Joe harris was climbing. I know what you mean about flicking it through, I find when im using a pantin it keeps the SJ open untill you push the lever?....... back up so it grabs, so if you need to stop its worth keeping an eye on it.

I quite like the one krab set up does it make it that much easier? i have seen the sling before i also saw it at the VTCC when Joe harris was climbing. I know what you mean about flicking it through, I find when im using a pantin it keeps the SJ open untill you push the lever?....... back up so it grabs, so if you need to stop its worth keeping an eye on it.

Cool,Yeah i know what you mean about the pantin,easy going up tho :thumbup1: