Veterans of Bristol

sean

Went to see a small wood today in Henbury, Bristol. Was excited to find in surrounding meadows/fields a rich collection of Veteran Ash's and Oaks. Within spitting distance of the M5 and surrounded by the urban landscape I found some Gems including the big headgrow Ash:thumbup1:

The magnificent oak in photo1 could really do with having the height and laterals reduced or before long this fine tree and the eco system it supports will be lost. Will enquire as to who the landowner is and generally make enquiries as to the management of the tree.

IMG_2106.jpg.6b513995d35c82dc43bc68d60a24ef8d.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg.a4af214af1d7e46f9572c6a85edf0689.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg.1eafa108c5aef8caa7ccdca09920e1b9.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg.a9c0df09de8804a6ce41bb636f3874d7.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg.6f8c343df0ddbddceffdbd7cb577c948.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg.4fa81b3763a791bd0513d0a5daba3662.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg.6e195cc843a655a5ce3a818a4dcd855c.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg.2a7e510c443fb1d99dc958229b4ca748.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg.f34c521f6ab482a2c014b70608249319.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg.546af616f0df552091444a3adb44b578.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haven't you got anything a little more interesting to do with your time Mr Harding ? :biggrin:

Nice finds buddy :thumbup1:

Time?? Whats that? First day since the move to bristol (3 months) that i have managed to get out. Got up at 7 this morning and off i went for a few hours. Was much needed to get out on my own. Walking, thinking, forgetting. Some great locations round here and very excited to exploring.:001_smile:

Time?? Whats that? First day since the move to bristol (3 months) that i have managed to get out. Got up at 7 this morning and off i went for a few hours. Was much needed to get out on my own. Walking, thinking, forgetting. Some great locations round here and very excited to exploring.:001_smile:

Forgetting about the nuke-suits for the OPM I bet :001_rolleyes:

How's it going three months in?

Forgetting about the nuke-suits for the OPM I bet :001_rolleyes:

How's it going three months in?

Couldnt have gone any better.....kids have settled into new schools remarkably well. That was the biggest worry.

Im still suffering from a Richmond Park hangover. Realise how privileged I was to have worked on such an important site.

Doing alot of council work. Some tedious jobs and some interesting ones. (Theres some fine old sites here.) and a real eye opener! Good to be seeing another side of the industry and part of my ongoing education.

Couldnt have gone any better.....kids have settled into new schools remarkably well. That was the biggest worry.

Im still suffering from a Richmond Park hangover. Realise how privileged I was to have worked on such an important site.

Doing alot of council work. Some tedious jobs and some interesting ones. (Theres some fine old sites here.) and a real eye opener! Good to be seeing another side of the industry and part of my ongoing education.

Good to hear it sean. :thumbup1:

What's the nearest equivilant to RP in your new neck of the woods?

Good to hear it sean. :thumbup1:

What's the nearest equivilant to RP in your new neck of the woods?

Ashton Court.....10 mins from my house:001_smile: Seems they get little bits of work at a time and then tenders each batch out. Not sure how this pans out on the continuity front though. That seems to be the gist of it but am tentatively looking into how the place works. Leigh woods near by is ancient woodland. Runs along the gorge and is managed by woodland trust. A very cool and interesting place. Home to the Bristol sorbus! :001_smile:

Hi Sean,

Are those pics from the Henbury side of the Blaise Castle estate? There are some fine trees in Blaise. Check out the nice stand of Beech just off the main path on the way down towards Coombe Dingle.

Have you got a job for a local firm or are you self-employed? I left Bristol last year - it's a great place.

Hi Sean,

Are those pics from the Henbury side of the Blaise Castle estate? There are some fine trees in Blaise. Check out the nice stand of Beech just off the main path on the way down towards Coombe Dingle.

Have you got a job for a local firm or are you self-employed? I left Bristol last year - it's a great place.

Hi Paul.....Henbury side of Blaise is correct.......will go check the beech stand out...cheers.:thumbup1:

Working for a firm aye.:001_smile: