found me some FUNGI!!

sean

So another fungi thread........since dipping a toe into this fungi lark i have a hard drive slowly getting full of piccies with many unidentified. Will endeavour to try and identify and post here and stand to be corrected in many cases im sure. All help appreciated.:001_smile:

Starting off.......saw these this morning growing on the inside of a hollowed veteran oak...

a positive id please as I cannot seem to find them in my book or in directory.

Thanks.

IMG_2132.jpg.3116be5e58ca57f6fa8f09363e0daf24.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg.0e7e3c173a0c38cc833c1fc8c80c5e58.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg.59f6befd5b36d27712e0dc1e7d2c853e.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg.de2b45d77beb7814ed2ee926cb84ec38.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg.8877d2e9d2a42023e4a2a675bfba8335.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Would that involve taking a spore print? Can go back for a re-visit if need be.

2. Do you have a hunch as to what they are from the photographs though?

1. In this case, yes.

2. Depending on the colour of the spores, yes, I do, but for now I can assure you it's not a Pleurotus species.

... spore print ... Are you willing to divulge your thoughts on what it could be? Is it common/rare etc.?

Sean,

Spore prints are best made by putting a stipeless cap on a thin sheet of transparent plastic (from blisters), so you can either put a piece of black or white paper underneath to determine the colour. And no, I'm not, let's take one step at the time, shall we :laugh1: ?

Sean,

Spore prints are best made by putting a stipeless cap on a thin sheet of transparent plastic (from blisters), so you can either put a piece of black or white paper underneath to determine the colour. And no, I'm not, let's take one step at the time, shall we :laugh1: ?

(from blisters) ? What does that mean? :001_smile: