Nets stacked on a pallet

shooterjim

rotating pallet machine?

You put a pallet on with your 70 bags and the machine spins round and automatically wraps it for you. I bought a 2003 machine in good faith but the manufacturer says it has 2 faults which mean it sounds like it is only suitable for spinning your pallets. I feel very ill when I try to wrap pallets so this was a good tool. You need to find a supply of pallets and try wrapping and see how long it takes then work out how many logs you could have bagged in the same time. Remember the cost of the pallet the time to source or collect the cost of the stretch film and the time to load the lorry etc.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The machine in the video is what I have in the yard. They are about £3-4,000 The faults on ours were bearings worn in carriage that moves film up and down. Some of the programmes dont work. And bearings in deck. No idea if its true not tried it. Yours for £500 if you want it. Its 240 volt 1 ph have been meaning to plug it in for 6 months but its a long way down on my to do list.

we tried pallet wrap and find it doesnt hold them tight enough especially if we are delivering on artic trailer, we pallet band or cordstrap them for strength then sometimes if weather conditions deteriorate put on pallet covers which holds them all in well, 70 on a pallet is sometimes a bit top heavy we do it but prefer to stack 60s on our pallets now

just ebay "pallet strapping" lots of suppliers on there, we use a local company called Bag Market of Uttoxeter who deliver about 4 cases at a time and some boxes of pallet wrap at a time, im sure if you google packaging manufacturers there will be someone in your area, we also use cordstrap who have reps covering most areas and they will come out and demo and bring you refills etc.

just ebay "pallet strapping" lots of suppliers on there, we use a local company called Bag Market of Uttoxeter who deliver about 4 cases at a time and some boxes of pallet wrap at a time, im sure if you google packaging manufacturers there will be someone in your area, we also use cordstrap who have reps covering most areas and they will come out and demo and bring you refills etc.

Hi how do you strap your logs on with cordstraps, i have just started using cordstrap and as soon as move the pallet the straps come loose, have you any pics, cheers.

youtube "cordstrap " and their is a reminder link video how to fasten, i know we got it wrong a few times, the main thing to remember is keep the buckle in your left hand with the prongs facing away from your thumb and finger (outward) make a loop in the end of the cordstrap and hook over buckle end which is facing away from you, keeping the end of the cordstrap on top of the buckle, next bring the other end of strap round the pallet to join the buckle making a loop when you attach the loop around the other open end of buckle with the tightening machine feed the bottom strap into the leg of the machine and the top strap into the ratchet , disregard the cutter bar, tighten as normal remembering to keep the buckle furthest away from the ratchet machine as tightening will bring the buckle towards it, leave at least 6 inch when cutting off as if needs be you can then re attach the machine to retighten if it has setttled in moving or drying off.

it does sound complicated, but there is also a diagram picture of how to do it on the cordstrap refills boxes. and also on their website.

thanks

joy

forgot to add, if your doing it wrong the buckles stretch and you cant reuse them, if your doing it right the buckles keep their shape and tighten down onto the strapping allowing reuse of the strap and buckle once finsihed with, as our garages/customers etc will cut our strap and keep for us to reuse with the pallets again.

Edited by Joy Yeomans
forgot to add

youtube "cordstrap " and their is a reminder link video how to fasten, i know we got it wrong a few times, the main thing to remember is keep the buckle in your left hand with the prongs facing away from your thumb and finger (outward) make a loop in the end of the cordstrap and hook over buckle end which is facing away from you, keeping the end of the cordstrap on top of the buckle, next bring the other end of strap round the pallet to join the buckle making a loop when you attach the loop around the other open end of buckle with the tightening machine feed the bottom strap into the leg of the machine and the top strap into the ratchet , disregard the cutter bar, tighten as normal remembering to keep the buckle furthest away from the ratchet machine as tightening will bring the buckle towards it, leave at least 6 inch when cutting off as if needs be you can then re attach the machine to retighten if it has setttled in moving or drying off.

it does sound complicated, but there is also a diagram picture of how to do it on the cordstrap refills boxes. and also on their website.

thanks

joy

forgot to add, if your doing it wrong the buckles stretch and you cant reuse them, if your doing it right the buckles keep their shape and tighten down onto the strapping allowing reuse of the strap and buckle once finsihed with, as our garages/customers etc will cut our strap and keep for us to reuse with the pallets again.

Hi thanks, i am doing all that i ment how do you stack the logs as as soon as i move pallet the logs move so straps become loose, i have just looked on your wesite and see you stack the logs upright, does this work better than stacking them on their flat as this is how i do it, i guess the logs have to be quite tight in the nets to stack them upright, thanks, Mike.