exhausts for chainsaw

Samuel

just wondering how i would make my 460 sound like the one in the video,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfLwcUDCNzA]Dead Tree Removal Dandenong Ranges - YouTube[/ame]

anyone got any suggestions?

would be greatly appriciated, and is a fantastic video

and also, what set of dawgs are on the saw?

thanks in advance

samuel

Edited by Samuel

It's all in the manual - under starting procedure. Most saws make a similar noise when you run them :001_tt2:

A dual port muffler will also change the exhaust note of the engine & by virtue of letting the exhaust gases flow more freely increase the power output from the engine. However do some research before fitting one as you will have to adjust the carb prior to running it.

The AU/NZ saw have a bigger port in the casing as well as the dual port cover, but the cover it worth fitting. MS440/460 Dual port part number is 1128 140 0801

The large felling dawgs for a 460 are:

Inner: 1122 664 0506

Outer: 1128 664 0501

I fitted the large dogs to my 460 and smaller twin dogs on the other 3/8" chain saws - only really used for stump cutting but handy to have.

For carb adjustment with the Duel port cover is it just the hi & lo air screws or does it require different jets to be fitted, don't want to risk damaging the motor.

Plus any details on power increase for a 460 ?

many thanks:thumbup1:

The AU/NZ saw have a bigger port in the casing as well as the dual port cover, but the cover it worth fitting. MS440/460 Dual port part number is 1128 140 0801

The large felling dawgs for a 460 are:

Inner: 1122 664 0506

Outer: 1128 664 0501

If you get the dual spikes you should get the roller chain catcher,

part number 1122 650 7700. Then remove the stock one.

1128 140 0616 is the AU/NZ full exhaust (casing with cover).

There's also 1128 140 0612 which I think is the same, but with out the spark screen.

I am pretty sure you can't get those parts in the UK as they are meant for other markets. You can get the dual port cover though.

I fitted the large dogs to my 460 and smaller twin dogs on the other 3/8" chain saws - only really used for stump cutting but handy to have.

For carb adjustment with the Duel port cover is it just the hi & lo air screws or does it require different jets to be fitted, don't want to risk damaging the motor.

Plus any details on power increase for a 460 ?

many thanks:thumbup1:

You shouldn't need a bigger semi-fixed jet or bigger carb when just installing the dual port cover. The H, L and Idle screws will need adjusting though and depending what carb the limiter caps will need to be removed for this. Don't install the dual port cover if you are still under warranty, wait until it runs out.

Power increase would likely be about 0.5hp.

Many thanks Megatron.

I will leave it untill my warrenty has expired. I need to order the revised chain catcher.

Just one query, does the twin port cover come complete with outlet mesh & cover and gasket?

I ordered the smaller twin spikes for my old MS390 but had a spare ID prob the same inner spike was supplied so I just filed down the outer to match up, works fine.:thumbup1:

If you get the dual spikes you should get the roller chain catcher,

part number 1122 650 7700.

And then why not the long clutch cover 1122 648 0401 complete with chip deflector 1122 656 1510 too :thumbup1:

You could be right about the availibility in the UK. I got mine in the US. Pretty sure Mister Solutions sell the DP cover only.