Installing a log burner in a mobile home

Tree Man Tom

deer man, single from the top of the burner to about a foot from the ceiling, may have been lucky finds one of the sections even had a cowl on the top and the joiner clips arent cheap either,had to buy them.

The outlet from the burner should be 6", the twin walled flue 8" should be used either externally or going through cavities etc. By fitting direct to the burner you have lost lots of radiant heat! If you fit twin wall from the roof up you get a reducing section to fit over the stove pipe which is the sealed with fire putty. You should then put in a register plate/heat wall where the flue goes through the roof with a cowl on the top surface with a top hat on top of the flue.

You should have a vent through the external wall behind the fire which can not be closed to comply with building regs.

Plenty to go on with there chaps, thanks. Those burners look perfect for caravans and the like rob, which one do you have?

I will be spending a fair few years in mine so wanting to get everything right first time :)

we run a windy smithy burner in our vickers caravan,and a Morso in our big showmans,i am a fan of both but Morso is much better for large space.:thumbup1:

We had a piece of slate behind the woodburner touching the wall. The heat got too much one day and radiated through two sheets of fireproof sheet setting fire to the caravan wall. Luckily my father was round noticed the smoke and ripped the wall apart to get an extinguisher in there! Everytime we let the air in the fire got worse but we did save the caravan. Don't those powder extinguishers make a mess!! Anyway sit it far enough away from the wall, fireproof it and don't lean anything behind it.