Timber Stack Volume quibbles

Stick to your guns and call there bluff.

Surely there must be some other buyers out there that are easier to deal with ?

Trouble is we cut it for a "consultant" who BS's to the agent who answers to the land owner etc etc; the buyer is the 4th party! Bonkers! Same consultant who caused no end of grief as per previous thread of mine.

The estate loose out as much as I do in less sales etc.

I could have told the "consultant" for free that the buyer was effectively insolvent, won't pay for as long as possible and all that. Well known around here for buying up chip for Slough H&P and leaving it in the wood for ages all the while offering the highest £/m3. I knew a much better outfit who pay only a £1 less but would include more lop and top, chip on site and pay x wood, but no the birk wouldn't listen. I could have marketed the whole damn harvest better but red-tapers sold their cheese; rotten cheese it is too.

There is some really dumb stuff going on tbh; for instance there is a mixed JL / DF stand and the JL was pronounced clean at last FC inspection. Well it aint no more. I told them to fell it quick; larch firewood is £45/m roadside here now; that's more than double 2 years ago. :001_rolleyes:

Funny how the estate continue to employ someone who makes big errors, not least a standing volume to supposed stack volume with an over 200m3 difference! Another gang, supposed to be turd hot put over 5 inches on chip bolts / bars only for euroforest to reject it. The saga continues!

Give me a harvester and PB modern forwarder; scientific calculators on wheels!