cs30&31

sasha.p

I will request the Answer to this from HSE so to give an accurate answer but this is my opinion.

You and your employer would be at risk of prosecution under the HSWA Puwer section 9 if you where to have an incident/or near miss when reported under Riddor. HSE would certainly inpose a notice for you to undertake refresher training as a minimum.

You where obviously competent when you took the test.

When was that.

I have no employer, I'm self employed running my own Co.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their has been some changes in the competency requirements since then.

Operators who undertook training and assessment prior to 1997 may not have covered Take down of Hung up Trees Using Hand Tools element of unit 31. As this is now a compulsory element of the new unit CS31, it is recommended that this be included in any refresher training provided.

Candidates will also be required to cover the felling of forward and backward leaning trees under training and either one on the competency test.

Pie cutting, letter box cut, double V cut & cuts for taking down a hung up tree have also changed since then. This is not a complete list of the changes/updates

Self employment or employed makes no difference.

I have posted the question to HSE and will post their response on reply.

Hi all I'm sitting my cs30-cs31 in November could some one please give me a insight of what is expected, I have been told by my local stihl dealer that a ms261 is a great starting saw what does every one think. Thanks

Great saw for professionals. I see more on these than any other around here. Take all the kit listed on the pre-course hand out and if you don't us it on the course you will after you pass.:thumbup:

:thumbup1:

The certs do not have an expiry date on them, so how can they be "out of date"?????:confused1:

It is true that the HSE "recommend" refresher training, but that does not mean retaking previous training, its better to take another unit, rather than recovering old ground.

How many employers who have staff that drive company vehicles put them through driving training and make them resit their test?????????????

• 1 month later...
Im going to be doing my cs30&31 hopefully before christmas(I have my grant award on the 10th so will be booking it from there once i know i have funding towards it:thumbup1:) and i just wanted to know as somebody told me yesterday the cs30&31 have to be re done every two years or somthing is this true?or is it just a case of a refresher or somthing similar ?:confused1:

Where did you get your grant from?

I really had to scan the net and all available funding sources but eventually came across somthing called the newport womens forum and they helped fund towards the cost even though i have also paid towards it it was better than nothing but probably of no use to you as it was a womens thing.

There is an organisation in south wales called focus on forestery first they also provide funding for people who are setting up if i failed to get my funding i would of approached them as i did speak to them and they were very helpfull but from what i was told you need to be able to prove you have a job to go into once you have done your tickets for them to be able to help you out or somthing along the lines of that. Hope this helps :001_smile: