Bar problem

Forest2Furniture

I've had a new ripping chain for my 48" bar and 36" bar both bars are for the 880 and are. Both the bars are the same gauge 1.6mm.

Here's the problem the one for the 48" runs perfectly around the bar grove but the one for the 36" jams up. I sent the saw, bar and chain back to a stihl agent and they have replaced the bar but I'm still having the same problem with the new bar.

Any idea what the problem might be, the chain is an oregon ripping chain from Chains Direct.

Stupid question but is it possible that they sent the same 36" back to you as it was new?

I'm not familiar with ripping chains but have experienced new bar tightness in several saws including severly in the new 201T to teh point where the saw is using almost all it's power just to get the chain started... They do loosen a bit over time but are never as good as a bar that starts loose as most of them do.

chains direct very good........did u give them the serial number of bar to match up chain....check to see if the chain bar lube hole matching up with the bar correctly? and is the nose sprocket turning ok on the bar, try turning it without a chain on.

failing that get somelse to check it over

gl

Stupid question but is it possible that they sent the same 36" back to you as it was new?

I'm not familiar with ripping chains but have experienced new bar tightness in several saws including severly in the new 201T to teh point where the saw is using almost all it's power just to get the chain started... They do loosen a bit over time but are never as good as a bar that starts loose as most of them do.

sometimes the bar are over painted and can be a stiff to begin with, loose off the chain slighty and give it a few revs round the bar:thumbup: