A taste of BC

RC0

Hey thanks, and I’m delighted to be able to post something a little different to my normal stuff.

I’ll try to answer with out referring to everyone’s name if thats ok.

Setting the shackle and sling was just to save the line taking a beating where it was going to land.

The stumps were left high because they were being ripped out by machine....the majority of the timber wasn’t that hot anyway due to a common disease called Fomes pini. No interesting fungi has caught my eye at all, see the odd Ganoderma here and there.

Long gaffs on the older trees a must. So I have two pairs of spurs.

We had to shorten quite a few trees just to fit them in, correct. Average between 90-160f

Big jobs like that (100+ trees) is not common place, especially for a residential tree work co....but a nice change none the less. Yes I’m enjoying the change and different kind of work....but its truly no place for the timid or unsure either. Selling yourself as bettering the locals at there own game demands quite a mindset and attitude....you have to really go for it without hesitation, no matter how un-familiar with the task. As a result I’m physically in the best shape for many a year. Thanks for the well wishes, I am doing my very best rest assured....a lot still to learn though. Cheers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be just tree cutting to the locals lol, I am not envious of a 160 ft pole tbh with ruf bark, would love the felling though, I bet they take a bit of Reading in the dense forest until you open them up.

If you need someone to fill your saw and carry your wedges mate count me in :)