Stihl Super Harness?

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timbermcherson, thanks for that up date. When you are ready to up grade to a actual harness that will lift all of the weight of the implement and evenly distribute said weight thruout the back pack frame let me know, Are you based in the UK or Australia?

Have a great weekend.

easy-lift guy

How much is the ELH? & wheres the best place to buy in the uk? Thanks

Had a quick go with the super harness today as did a couple of my guys. Only a quick go mind you. The 85$ seems incredibly well spent.

But the 3 of us are impressed so far, will let you know once we have put a few hours on it.

You'll also need to provide is with some details like what tools you've used on it and for what type of job.

However I can't imagine it's going to be as effective as the ELH. Sorry.

Im based in NZ. have been using power pruners for about 9 years I guess.

We have 3 echo power pruners and use the chainsaw, circular saw and hedging attatchments as well as sometimes the 5 foot extension with any one of those cutter heads.

We also run the husky multi tool hedgetrimmers with the short and long shafts as well as a conventional echo trimmer

I wouldnt say we are heavy users, but we do a few full day and multi day trim jobs. And after using a ppt with the 5 foot for a day, my arms are pretty tired.

Anything will be better than using the machines unsupported in my opinion. And it just might be that the stihl will be good enough for our use for the $85 spent over investing over $700 on the easylift. But if it doesnt, there will probably be an easylift in my future.

Anyone can easily see its advantages over the stihl unit, but its a question of bang for your buck vs usage. Not to mention the caveman simplicity of the stihl.

A suggestion, have you looked at making a simpler more static version of your unit to cater for the lower end of the market? With your current line up you have a fantastic high end tool, first mover advantage but a limited potential customer base. diversifying a little would give you more brand exposure and it could be an easier door opener in the market. (When honda tried to sell motorcycles in the US they failed, but were able to sell little honda cubs, and through them they opened up the market for bigger machines)If shops are stocking things, something thats $700 might be a stretch but if they sell a couple $300- $400 units first they might think about stocking it.

Edited by Timbermcpherson

to explain the honda thing better

(When honda tried to sell motorcycles in the US they failed, to save money while they tried to find dealers/distributors they brought with them little honda cub scooters for their reps to get around on. Everywhere they went people said "nope we dont like the idea of carrying unproven motorcycles, but those scooters are neat". It took them nearly a year for it to dawn on them to sell the scooters, a market they werent really interested in but were able to sell little honda cubs by the thousands, and through them they opened up the market for bigger machines as they gained brand recognition and a reputation for reliable vehicles)

Thanks for providing your location. You sound like you have a well rounded arsenal of implements that you use on a daily basis. I agree that working with any of the implements mentioned in conjunction without a harness of any kind much less with out the ELH is working far to hard for your daily bread. I have tried on the unit that you have purchased and even though I may have a slight bias towards and for the ELH I am also a practical end user and from that standpoint alone love my competition for selfish reasons only. That being said I am a bit confused about the price you quoted for the ELH of $700.00?. I have never heard of such a price, and I am pretty sure with the current exchange rate of $1.31 NZ, Dollar to the American Dollar your cost would not be that high even after duty/tariffs esp if you buy direct from the factory. Your suggestion about making a simpler more static version has actually never been suggested or considered since the ELH is primarily for the commercial end user. Since the masses from a marketing stand point are not my target market I would and prefer to place into the hands of an informed consumer that can and will appreciate the ELH for what it is instead of having someone buying something else wondering how much more productive I could have been with an ELH. IMO The Honda motor cycle company is an interesting story except one has to understand that just after WW II Japan was trying to make and sell any thing and to start out selling Motor cycles to the American public was not only impractical but really not well received. Honda Started out with scooters since they knew there core market could and would purchase said units. I believe the same holds true for the ELH and the future evolution of the product line. Again Thanks for your interest in the ELH. All the best.

easy-lift guy

• 11 months later...

There is also another rival product to the very expensive ELH models.

http://www.abbeygardensales.co.uk/strimmer-brushcutter-accessori/strimmer-brushcutter-harnesses/showitem-G3-MHH01010.aspx

I have the Stihl and it seems fine for my needs.

Personally, I would find having an additional obstruction constantly above my head when trimming or pruning with a pole, very awkward indeed.

Each to their own of course!

Andy :thumbup:

Edited by AndySnapper