PTO saw opinion wanted

will2020

Judging by it's performance I would say that's quite slow. I have one for sale in classified it will cut 12 inches in one cut and is much quicker.

Yours looks good, but one of the reasons I was looking at the Rosselli was the blade was more confined unless actually cutting the log, what do you other guys think?

Hi there,

I saw this one on Gumtree, TCT blade is a must IMO.

Saw Bench for Firewood in Co. Armagh, County Armagh | Plant & Tractor Equipment for Sale | Gumtree.com

I like the little claw grip the Rabaud has. Not many bench saw's have this feature, but if you are particularly safety conscious then this really eliminates logs from kicking etc, especially when you are on the last cut and your fingers are close to the blade.

I believe this one has a normal blade rather than a Tungsten Tipped blade. Worth checking to see if the price they quote you is with a Tungsten blade upgrade. Also worth checking the number of drive belts and if the gearbox is steel or Aluminium.

Yes I am from Riko but I would like to think we have a better machine we can offer you.

:001_smile: We also have a special Arbtalk member price that should put a smile on your face! You can email the office at [email protected] or reply via Arbtalk.

Contacted your office yesterday, I wasn't quoted happy:hmpf:

The Riko saw has a grip handle as an optional extra. There are also two new models just launched. The fully EC compliant UK one has the guarding like our old one that customers seem to prefer. However the EC compliant 'German' market one has more guarding if thats what you want. Both models can now have the telescopic hydraulic elevator retro-fitted.

I just sent a PM quote to WILL2020 that shoud put the smileback on his face. If any Arbtalk memebers contact the head office PLEASE make sure you say you are on Arbtalk!:thumbup:

• 4 months later...

The Rosselli one is only marketed by Oxdale, manufactured in Italy.

I would not trust a saw made by Oxdale after a bad experience with one of their log splitters.

Came with an incorrect manual, the device to stop the PTO pump turning was a short length of totally inadequate length of weak chain and very little clearance made fitting or removing the pump a very painful and often bloody experience.

In my opinion not fit for the CE mark on it.

My mate bought a Oxdale machine resently, which I used for from new while my machine was in dry dock! It's ok as a hobby machine but build quality is pretty poor. Not a machine built to last by any means, but it all depends on how much you aim to use it I guess? Like most things in life you get what you pay for! Oh and he didn't get a tct blade, big mistake! Lost it's edge very quickly resulting in belts slipping far to easily even after tightening. It won't take long to spend more on sharpening than the cost of the tct option!