What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Removed the drive for the pump an ethics looks ok. But when looked into the crank area and turned the pump with a small flat screwdriver there is a worn part on the gear. The teeth on he gear disappear at a certain pint of rotation.

QUOTE]

Think I said that the problem would be the oil pump and that needs the engine to be removed to be replaced - looks like I was right again Rich:001_tt2: It was the pump:thumbdown:

Yeah yeah yeah. Carefull or your head won't fit through the door. :001_tt2::lol::lol::lol:

Just looked up the price for a new pump. Sheesh....

The engine out doesn't look too bad as it comes out in one. Clam shell engine. But the price of a new one, maybe not a pcn4040 bit the next model is only 130. So just waiting for a nod if it is to be done or not.

To be honest the engine is sound. Runs well and has some grunt to it. For how long who knows.

Anyway, I'm sure I said I was going off you before. :001_tt2::001_tt2::biggrin:

Yeah yeah yeah. Carefull or your head won't fit through the door. :001_tt2::lol::lol::lol:

Just looked up the price for a new pump. Sheesh....

The engine out doesn't look too bad as it comes out in one. Clam shell engine. But the price of a new one, maybe not a pcn4040 bit the next model is only 130. So just waiting for a nod if it is to be done or not.

To be honest the engine is sound. Runs well and has some grunt to it. For how long who knows.

Anyway, I'm sure I said I was going off you before. :001_tt2::001_tt2::biggrin:

Just hope the guy comes back and asks you to fix it Rich, it will keep you quiet for a while:lol::001_tt2:

Just hope the guy comes back and asks you to fix it Rich, it will keep you quiet for a while:lol::001_tt2:

Me quiet............ Never. Hahahahahaahahaha.(evil laugh)

My job is to fix, if he doesn't want it fixed I will be disappointed.

Oh and I used a husky 350 or 352 can't remember the exact number. Didn't pay much attention. And I still don't like them. The speed of the chain without much grunt in the cut. Seems the chain spins too fast to actually cut anything.....

Will still always pick up a stihl of I have the choice. Husky suck. :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

From now on I will be recommending that all my customers who have Ryobi, McCulloch, JCB, Spear&Jackson etc, send them to GTR or Spud.

I have your addresses, so get ready:001_tongue:

Cheers Barrie and perhaps you can show Rich how to sharpen chains and check and dress bars on Huskys:001_rolleyes::lol:

Cheers Barrie and perhaps you can show Rich how to sharpen chains and check and dress bars on Huskys:001_rolleyes::lol:

:001_rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I knew that was coming. The chain was sharp thank you. :001_tt2:

Sorry Barrie did I not tell you on the phone I have just moved. This very moment in fact. :001_tt2::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Operator error by the sounds rich, was once told 'anyone can use stihl, it takes ability to use a husky'

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Yeah yeah yeah. Still don't like husky.

Just one of those things. Pick it up and just don't like it. :001_tt2::biggrin:

Anyway. Busy busy busy.

Today I have a Flymo mower in. Not driving.

A stihl combi tool. Chainsaw attachment chain keeps jumping off.

Two Mikita chainsaws. Not running. Havnt been started in two years, so have a guess what that is.

And a stihl chainsaw. Not running.

Also got two hedgecutters coming in, have to collect these on way home. One broken pull cord. Other not running right.