What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Argh I hate trying to us presents.

Been looking for ages for the other half. I need a jaguar car. The display type ones in a box, about the size of a shoe box. Easy if I wanted a supercar. Not so much for a jag.

The story is she love jags, and wants a real one so until we get a real one a model one would be perfect. (Sort of cheeky gift) found an air fix model one today so that might be on my bench at some point to be put together.

Argh I hate trying to us presents.

Been looking for ages for the other half. I need a jaguar car. The display type ones in a box, about the size of a shoe box. Easy if I wanted a supercar. Not so much for a jag.

The story is she love jags, and wants a real one so until we get a real one a model one would be perfect. (Sort of cheeky gift) found an air fix model one today so that might be on my bench at some point to be put together.

Just buy her a pie maker like I did, nothing like a nice pie:thumbup: Hope I live to tell the tale:lol:

Last post before Christmas, just been working through the last MS200T in the workshop - new chain catcher fitted, needs a new AV rubber, it has been stripped, cleaned and all the checks done, compression was very slightly low but the piston measured up OK so dropped the base gasket and all is good.

Lots of crap on this one but is now a pound lighter and looks a little cleaner:thumbup:

Happy Christmas to you all - the bench is clear and all is well:thumbup1:

597662b3f2b47_Usethisone.jpg.57860cc0d0129be7ee5cc3dc217d1712.jpg

A quick post I forgot about.

The 200t still has vertigo issues. Had it on a job the other day on the ground. Not using it just leaving it to run. Run perfect when Level, Hung it off the chipper and left for a few minutes it will tickover but level it up and pull throttle it does out.

Doesn't matter if the foam filter is in or not still does it.

A quick post I forgot about.

The 200t still has vertigo issues. Had it on a job the other day on the ground. Not using it just leaving it to run. Run perfect when Level, Hung it off the chipper and left for a few minutes it will tickover but level it up and pull throttle it does out.

Doesn't matter if the foam filter is in or not still does it.

If the carb has been cleaned (thinking of foreign bodies in the gauze filter) then it sounds like you may be getting puddled fuel in the crankcase on idle that is then flooding the engine when the saw is leveled.

Try turning the L screw in on idle, when you hit the highest revs, undo it 1/8th of a turn and, when the saw is pretty cold, crank the throttle open and see if it picks up OK, if it bogs, open the L screw up slightly more, if not, leave and adjust the idle for correct idle speed.

Try the test again - sounds fuel related and the common issues are crap in the carb, position of the fuel line/filter or the issue I mention above. Airleaks can cause similar issues but will cause soaring in revs on idle and can happen when the saw is on it side - have you pressure AND vac tested this saw, if you have, have you pushed, pulled and rotated the crankshaft when doing it?

Another common problem is a hole in the impulse line where it joins the crankcase - the vac and pressure tests can miss this if you are not thorough! The pulling on the top handle at different angles can make the hole open and close causing issues!

Good luck Rich:thumbup:

Impulse line is good spud. Checked all that.

Carb is also nice and clean.

Will look into the tuning. Did tune it up so its perfect on pickup and tickover but will double check this.

Have you vac and pressure checked it? Splits and some seal problems show up better on pressure check and some seal problems show up on vacuum check only - just depends on what may have failed.