What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Nope the flywheel was fixed. All it needed was a new woodruff key. The crank and flywheel where perfect. Lucky me.

No I'm afraid to admit and I don't really mind saying it. I will not be porting anything saw wise again. It ran then blew up. There is a Grand Canyon style gauge out of both piston and pot. So new pot and piston are needed. Looking at a meteor piston so just a pot to locate.

I've to no worries about admitting defeat on porting a saw and putting my hands up and say yes I tried it and it failed so now I know my limits.

Don't try you will never know.

So I'm sticking with doing mods on 200t's only. The rest will be fixing when broke. I'm leaving porting saws to the experts. :thumbup:

Ho hum.

On another note I have a Kawasaki strimmer going on bench with running problems. Not sure what they are yet, or I can't remember as its Xmas and more on my mind now than tools.

I have been thinking about your porting Rich, was it the lower ring on the inlet side that broke and gouged the ravine in your cylinder?

I have been thinking about your porting Rich, was it the lower ring on the inlet side that broke and gouged the ravine in your cylinder?

Lower rings exhaust side. It didn't break on the port either. It was inside the porting zone where the original port was. I didn't touch top or bottom of port only went as wide as I could.

While I'm here spud can you recommend a replacement cylinder. Been looking and I can sort of tell the difference between the Chinese stuff but better to make sure. :thumbup:

I've said it before guys, porting bores me, so once again I am changing the subject briefly to tell you what a hero I am, and how I saved christmas.

Last weekend Mrs GardenKit baked a fruit cake as usual, except this time it would not cook properly.

Oh No she cried, the ovens on the blink and its almost christmas, how will I cook the ginormous birdy thing?

Never fear, says I, a new elephant ( sorry, element) from partmaster will fix it. So I flexed the plastic and the element arrived on Wednesday, but when I took the old one out on wed evening it was OK.

Now the oven was apart it was obvious that the fan which blows the heat around the oven was not working, so back on the computer to find a fan. Flexed plastic again and a new fan arrived yesterday. I fitted it this morning and the oven is now spot on.

Mrs Garden is well pleased and Christmas dinner for 9 is saved, so I am a superhero for a while. (It won't last, so I'll milk it)

Lower rings exhaust side. It didn't break on the port either. It was inside the porting zone where the original port was. I didn't touch top or bottom of port only went as wide as I could.

While I'm here spud can you recommend a replacement cylinder. Been looking and I can sort of tell the difference between the Chinese stuff but better to make sure. :thumbup:

TBH, I would look out for a second hand OEM one, the Chinese ones are a bit hit and miss, I would fit OEM rings on any Chinese piston you may fit though if you go that route.

Strange that the ring caught on the exhaust port, I reckoned it was a ring end that had caught - weird!