What's on your bench today?

spudulike

ur saw lol smaller bar smaller chain and has a pop up

it should kill the one u done for me

give it to me spud i will run her in :lol::lol::lol:

did u tac it

that 372 was nice :thumbup:

Yes, it is around 15,000rpm, it is the 8 pin rim, on the smaller stuff it will go faster than yours but on that big lump of wood, it didn't like it. Think I may stick the 7 pin back on it and try again!

Got a thought about advancing the ignition as well:001_rolleyes:

Got a Husqvarna 325HS75 hedge trimmer in, wouldn't start, checked the spark and it would spark on the first pull and then nothing. Had the thing apart, the HT cable had some worn parts so managed to get a couple of layers of heat shrink on those. The kill switch connector had no cover on it and was damn close to the flywheel housing casting so sorted that out.

Put it back together again with a tight flywheel to coil gap and bingo, nice fat spark again.

Looked at the muffler as they can block and ........full house - had to open it up as in the pictures - nothing much will block that again:thumbup:

Did a pole cutter for my brother with the same exhaust problem after a local dealer had serviced it - still running fine:thumbup:

Will put it back together again and see if it works - gut feeling is it will!

After.jpg.117d32d360ed2a996c500f10652ef902.jpg

Before.jpg.b749bcf976ccecc6194fb8b0685edd12.jpg

On my bench today: the full wrap for the 385 arrived, hardest part was removing the rubber pipe off it, the 338xpt recoil spring has snapped so that is added to the parts I need:cursing:

I quite fancy one of these on my 460..... for the odd occasion it would be preferable to cut on the pull rather than left handed or on the push....

Quick question for all you tech whizzes....

019T.... Have stripped the carb, all new gaskets & diaphragms fitted.

Saw starts OK, not brilliantly, and runs fully choked & full throttle.

Won't idle though and has poor compression, about 60 to 70 psi IIRC....

I put both these issues down to a fairly serious air leak and wear in the rings. The 019 crankcase is a single casting to which the cylinder bolts down, it doesn't split down the middle, so I'm going to strip it, fit new rings, replace the bottom gasket and carb gaskets.

There's no impulse line, it feeds through a hole in the carb mounting plate.

Is there anything else I should consider while it's apart?

What about the crank oil seals? Presumably they could be allowing air into the crankcase?

I don't have pressure or vac testing equipment and have no immediate plans to invest in it.... I'd need to replace a lot of gaskets to make buying the kit cheaper...!

Thoughts appreciated... :001_smile:

You seem to have it covered Mr WorcsWuss, bash on and have a go, just a couple of thougts to share.

Its a pity you cant pressure test the crankseals before you dissmantle, it seems to be a bit of a waste to change them if they are OK.

Also, although fitting new rings will help with restoring compression, it may not do the complete job if there is wear in the bore or on the piston, so best to check this out first.

The symptons you have are typical of low compression.

You seem to have it covered Mr WorcsWuss, bash on and have a go, just a couple of thougts to share.

Its a pity you cant pressure test the crankseals before you dissmantle, it seems to be a bit of a waste to change them if they are OK.

Also, although fitting new rings will help with restoring compression, it may not do the complete job if there is wear in the bore or on the piston, so best to check this out first.

The symptons you have are typical of low compression.

Cheers Barrie. I'll have a look at the bore when it's apart, I haven't had the cylinder off yet but there didn't seem to be any obvious sign of transfer of material on the piston / rings looking through the exhaust port, so I'm hoping that a new cylinder & piston won't be required. I'm optimistically following the assumption that the rings are just a bit tired.

I'll price up the new crank seals, I'm not expecting them to be prohibitively priced, I've only used genuine Stihl parts thus far from my local dealer for this saw and none have been eye wateringly expensive.... Should end up a nice little saw when it's finished.... :thumbup: If not the prettiest... :001_huh::001_tongue:

Thanks, Simon :001_smile: