What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I've got a 200t with running problems. Comp test was ok. Cylinder is good. All boots and pipes are good.

The carb has had the fix before. Not by me. And is running like poo. Tickover is fully adjusted in, and doesn't matter what the high low screws are at it still runs poor. Guess its a new carb?

Might be something else, but if you have a good carb around its really quick to change it and should prove if it is the carb. Quicker than looking into other causes.

If its the carb, fit an S16a from an 020, its less fussy.

Does anyone know if this 038 hand guard

BRAKE HAND GUARD FITS STIHL 038 MS380 CHAINSAW | eBay

will fit on my 028super?

it looks the same and the part no. are just too similar!

028super hand guard - 1118 790 9100

038 hand guard - 1117 790 9100

Thanks

The first part of the number usually denotes the model number of the saw so I am suspecting that the latter part means "Chain brake guard" - the MS200/020T is 1129 790 910!

The times I have seen two part numbers for pretty much the same part, it had a "1" on the end of the part number rather than the predecessors "0"

Thats what I reckon but you may get further with one of the guys who have access to the Stihl database:001_rolleyes:

If you want a few parts for an 028 then I have a complete saw in bits, it will cost you a bit but it is all there - the big end exploded - got a decent crank for it though!

Bore cleaning requires a magic cleaner that you have to go down to the dark dark wood in the dark dark forest. There you will find a sword in a stone and when the sword is removed the magical cleaning solution is written in old Latin on the blade of the sword. :thumbup::thumbup:

That's what I heard anyway. :biggrin::001_tt2:

Bore cleaning requires a magic cleaner that you have to go down to the dark dark wood in the dark dark forest. There you will find a sword in a stone and when the sword is removed the magical cleaning solution is written in old Latin on the blade of the sword. :thumbup::thumbup:

That's what I heard anyway. :biggrin::001_tt2:

I heard 'Drain-O'.... :001_huh::thumbup:

The first part of the number usually denotes the model number of the saw so I am suspecting that the latter part means "Chain brake guard" - the MS200/020T is 1129 790 910!

The times I have seen two part numbers for pretty much the same part, it had a "1" on the end of the part number rather than the predecessors "0"

Thats what I reckon but you may get further with one of the guys who have access to the Stihl database:001_rolleyes:

If you want a few parts for an 028 then I have a complete saw in bits, it will cost you a bit but it is all there - the big end exploded - got a decent crank for it though!

Hi Spud, thanks but the saw has had a good service with new parts added, runs like a dream just broke the chain break handle and trying to get a new one. thanks for the info on part numbers too. makes a lot of sense now.

One of todays jobs was this HS61 hedgecutter from 1996. There was no spark, so it needed a new coil.

Certainly not the easiest coil to replace, This all had to be dismantled to get access.

However, its all done now, the carb has been cleaned and re-kitted, its sharpened and converted to lovely Aspen. It runs like a dream.

P1000601.jpg.ff8d80cb1ba9dc5cb82d035ab10cc50a.jpg

P1000604.jpg.51be99969638d45a20fd663def909d76.jpg

P1000607.jpg.8bd408fc72d5c860edb2e8b970c18c99.jpg

How do you clean the bore Steve...? Do you use a fine abrasive on it, will the coating stand up to that?

Yeah - I use fairy piss - I leave a bottle down by the compost heap at night and the fairys fill it up. I have heard leprechaun piss is equally as good but harder to get hold of:lol:

Go study a chemistry book and the rest is down to semi fine and fine abrasive paper.:lol::thumbup: