What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Picked up something I have never seen tonight. A Mikita backpack strimmer. It went straight into the shed and I'm looking at it tomorrow.

Was told it stopped working and wouldn't start again. Did manage to give it a quick pull on the cord and it feels ok but checking comp tomoz.

Anyone have any ideas othe then the usual spark or fuel. Or anyone had any experience of this type before?

Also looked at a husky backpack hydraulic fibre glass pole saw, was told to make him an offer but I have no idea what hey are worth, it runs good but that's about it, it also looks like it done very little work. What does everyone reckon they worth.

Well not on my bench but been messing with the car today, think ive got an air leek in the fuel sys. played about with it for abit but now in garage as i need it for monday eek!

Pi**ed off so into the shed i go, fix a cordless drill that had a dodgy trigger.

Also have a TS350 that needs a new clutch needle bearing. Does anyone know if this is replaceable as it looks like a press fit, or do i need a new clutch drum complete with bearing?

Picked up something I have never seen tonight. A Mikita backpack strimmer. It went straight into the shed and I'm looking at it tomorrow.

Was told it stopped working and wouldn't start again. Did manage to give it a quick pull on the cord and it feels ok but checking comp tomoz.

Anyone have any ideas othe then the usual spark or fuel. Or anyone had any experience of this type before?

Also looked at a husky backpack hydraulic fibre glass pole saw, was told to make him an offer but I have no idea what hey are worth, it runs good but that's about it, it also looks like it done very little work. What does everyone reckon they worth.

Well no answer so I looked today and it had a leak in the fuel pipe so no fuel getting through. It's a powerfull little tool aswell.

Well not on my bench but been messing with the car today, think ive got an air leek in the fuel sys. played about with it for abit but now in garage as i need it for monday eek!

Pi**ed off so into the shed i go, fix a cordless drill that had a dodgy trigger.

Also have a TS350 that needs a new clutch needle bearing. Does anyone know if this is replaceable as it looks like a press fit, or do i need a new clutch drum complete with bearing?

Those needle bearings usually push out and a new one can be purchased and pushed in, a decent vice or G clamp makes it easier. Not done a TS350 but have done others.

Another busy weekend..make not to oneself - take some time off:lol:

Been struggling with an MS200T smoking, even on Aspen, now sorted after a second strip and rebuild, tightened all the crankcase bolts as a possible fault was chain oil entering the crankcase but a sever vac test after tightening proved the seal ot be perfect. Did a carb mod as the saw had classic signs of accelerator pump issues and it works fine now.

Just started an 020T and as suspected, the piston has been seized and has caused typical problems - you can see the work I have done on the cylinder bore to clean that.

Other than that, did another MS200 carb accelerator pump fix and tached a 346XP I had ported some time ago - back up to 15,000rpm:thumbup:

Also converted a MS260 to Aspen with new carb kit and fuel pipe.

After.JPG.642e7f2855d9498f2aad383a17d90b7e.JPG

Before.JPG.316589f803128364170e93e49dfc51b3.JPG

5976622184c9d_Piston2.JPG.48d4a176277b36fdb0614f2d8d9f3ab9.JPG

597662217f640_020one.JPG.ee642484ae62e9581bd6149229823071.JPG

I've got a 200t with running problems. Comp test was ok. Cylinder is good. All boots and pipes are good.

The carb has had the fix before. Not by me. And is running like poo. Tickover is fully adjusted in, and doesn't matter what the high low screws are at it still runs poor. Guess its a new carb?