What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Been out in the woods with Matty and the ported 395XP, all went well, cut some pretty big lumps of beech and a bit of Elm. The saw ran up fine, the chain was a bit past it though!

The saw will get faster once the piston is bedded in and reckon the muffler could be improved as it still has the baffle plate in it - may suggest fitting an aftermarket one and making it REALLY loud for days out:thumbup:

Vids below

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajbGWXOTPNc]Ported Husqvarna 395XP - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2SN_vLjSf0]Ported Husqvarna 395XP - 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Is there a trick to assembling the trigger/throttle lock/spring(s) on an 026?

I just picked one up for cheap, and I swear the only reason that the guy sold it was that he couldn't get the throttle/lock/lever back together and that the spring on the master control was on the wrong side.

I've got the trigger etc fitted now, but JEEBUS CRIPES it was fiddly as f**k. Maybe my giant man-hands are too giant and manly!

:laugh1:

Same problem all the time. Try pulling the carb away slightly and using a pair of long nose pliers to get down the side. Hold the throttle arm on the carb open with a screwdriver and gently twist the rod as you push the carb back in. It really tricky but that's how I do it.

Not so much about whats on my bench, but my bench itself.

I decided that after 10 yrs use the tool bench could use a facelift, so built some fresh shelves for testing kit etc and gave the bench a new rubber surface.

i don't want to use it now, because it wont stay tidy for long.

P1000550.jpg.6a6d5250f251b36e676ead3ab38d9461.jpg

P1000549.jpg.a552f334b6f7ecc8256eebf6d1bcd88f.jpg

P1000546.jpg.c804de3f46e836ecbdc70454fc14d381.jpg

Same problem all the time. Try pulling the carb away slightly and using a pair of long nose pliers to get down the side. Hold the throttle arm on the carb open with a screwdriver and gently twist the rod as you push the carb back in. It really tricky but that's how I do it.

Thanks so much for that!

I probably didn't explain myself very well; I mean the whole trigger/trigger lock assembly. The stuff under the black plastic part on the back handle. Nightmare!