What's on your bench today?

spudulike

that pile of logs is getting boring spud :lol::lol::lol::lol:

bet the wife hates me :blushing:

oh and the saw looks and sound good:thumbup::thumbup:

Mmmm - your pile of logs keeps giving - useful to have a pile like that by the front door - you got any more:001_rolleyes::lol:

Yes, the saw is pretty good - and it wasn't that warm - be interesting at the next boys day out!

:001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

what u running on the saw 15inch 325 or a narrow kurf

think im going to have to get a 15inch bar for mine so i can beet urs :lol::lol:

how :blushing::blushing: would that be :lol:

Yup, 15", 0.325" Narrow Kerf - be interesting to time it against yours, to see what the difference is.

From the vid, it sounds like it is hitting some high revs in the cut and deep in the wood!

All this talk of boys day thought I would get on with porting.

Opened up the dolmar 116 exhaust and found this. Should be able to make it breath a bit better me thinks. Some cutting and grinding involved. Already has a big boy exhaust hole so don't need to make it bigger. :thumbup1:

image.jpg.0a97d4c61917dad033721c8053cd8e4b.jpg

All this talk of boys day thought I would get on with porting.

Opened up the dolmar 116 exhaust and found this. Should be able to make it breath a bit better me thinks. Some cutting and grinding involved. Already has a big boy exhaust hole so don't need to make it bigger. :thumbup1:

Just cut out that internal pipe and knock off those internal drilled baffle plates, should make quite a difference.

What else are you gonna do?

Yeah done the exhaust. Do you mean knock all the baffles plates off. I've taken the top ones off. Taken the pipe back to the baffle plates.

I've just opened the exhaust port a bit. Looking at the intake port I can't touch it. It's already very close to skirt and the ring joins in the centre of the port. So unwilling to take anything away as I don't want to snag a ring. What you reckon.

Pic of the exhaust port.

image.jpg.d99900dcff09f651908d0dbdac7be047.jpg

Well gave it a go. The saw winds louder. But it rally need a new drum. It kind of heated up and started melting the stickers of the cover. T hank god the cover is metal.

So now I'm on the hunt for a dolmar 116 chain drum. Have looked on ebay. But if anyone has one in the uk I would be great full.

Yeah done the exhaust. Do you mean knock all the baffles plates off. I've taken the top ones off. Taken the pipe back to the baffle plates.

I've just opened the exhaust port a bit. Looking at the intake port I can't touch it. It's already very close to skirt and the ring joins in the centre of the port. So unwilling to take anything away as I don't want to snag a ring. What you reckon.

Pic of the exhaust port.

Hope you beveled the exhaust port:001_rolleyes:

Those transfers look interesting, reckon those can be cleaned up:thumbup:

Yep. Going to do the transfers at some point. Gave up testing after it got too hot......... Oops.

To be honest I didn't notice much difference after I had done the exhaust port and baffles. I doesn't sound like it runs any faster or harder. But then without the drum doing its work properly I guess I won't.