Micro Pulley

William Tarbet

Hello chaps!

Was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm pretty new to climbing and I'm slowly getting my set up configured how I like it. I've been mostly using a blakes hitch but I want to get a little pulley behind it so I can adjust it with one hand. Slack tending I think you call it?

How do you go about installing a pulley in your system and is it effective with a Blakes Hitch? I was gunna get a DMM Pinto pulley and have it clipped into a DMM oval karibeaner with the eye splices from my blakes and my climbing line attached to the same karibeaner. Is this possible?

Sorry to bore you fellas with shop talk but it'd be great if anyone has any thoughts.

All the best

Will

probably best with a slightly larger carabiner than the oval mate-though if your hitch cord eye will fit in between the legs of the pinto it might work. the prob is that it may push the pulley off centre when your climbing line is attached.There are cheaper pulleys that will work as well as the pinto so dont feel the need to splash out-a petzl fixe on a dog leash works well with the blakes. But saying that the pinto will give you more flexibilty as you upgrade in the future. have fun:)