Grinder or mulcher?

RobRainford

Got a job to do to remove a load of trees along a road, most are going but some are staying. There are a number of small shrubs around too which are all coming out aswell. There is only 5 days to take out 66 trees and all the shrubs and get them ground out. What's the better option, just bring in a stump grinder or get hold of a forestry type mulcher that will do the whole bed, but my concern with that would be damage to remaining tree roots.?

What's the availability of machines like the mulcher and the costs involved? If anybody knows

All the area is being covered in soil to create a planting bed for future projects.

Access is roadside

Few pics attached! Green dots mean it's days are numbered!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315774284.769512.jpg.76c455c5cafec58a3cb9a365b0693907.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315774180.871351.jpg.8cd3da60c58bafc7f53e431a3e7036b4.jpg

Grinder it is then. I think a mulcher is too 'extreme' for what the job is. Does anybody have any idea what stumpbusters would charge for this? Or even yourselves. Stumps range from 6" up to about 20" at the biggest.

We have access to a grinder mounted on a bobcat if that would prove more effective than a self propelled unit?

I've been quoted 1400 by stumpbusters. Which is as good as it could be I think.

Now the firm who gave us the job, who want it done before the end of the month, are now telling us to hang fire! Nightmare!

I reckon I could beat that Rob if you want me to have a look at it with you. Pretty busy at the moment tho so depends when they really want it doing....