Highest output Firewood processor

andy26

That looks painfully slow at the side of this though!

That does look a good machine, similar to the American ( CRM?) one. I wonder about Health and Safety and shielding that blade. Weighs 14,500 lbs so 7 tons, need to be pulled by a tractor. Costs about $90,000 but does 9 x 128 cu feet ( so about 54 cu meters per hour, that is shifting it in anyones language.

A

Edited by Alycidon

• 3 weeks later...

Fully automatic seems the way forward to me, one operator who fills the infill load rack and removes cut logs. Cant see any point at all to have a guy pulling levers all day. Combine harvesters now have camera controlled steering systems to keep the head in the work, ( you try maintaining the end of a 30 foot cutter bar to within a few inches and monitor the machine at the same time, add in the dark as well, when your lights only show you about 30 feet in front of the machine I have had some days with a 20 foot, not easy) I therefore cant see any problem with full auto machines assuming the transition of logs into the splitting chamber is foolproof. I do like the new Pinosa but it seems some with one dont.

Just thinking out loud !!.

A

Trouble is with automatic is it stops when something jams until someone notices. Also the quality suffers so you may as well be semi auto and pull less levers but still have control over quality. Big processors like big timber and when used with 8" cord produce too much sawdust and trash.

Trouble is with automatic is it stops when something jams until someone notices. Also the quality suffers so you may as well be semi auto and pull less levers but still have control over quality. Big processors like big timber and when used with 8" cord produce too much sawdust and trash.

Hear Hear!!