Easy-Lift Harness.

easy-lift guy

I've never seen this before, it's brilliant!

90% of the hedges we work on are tall and we can only reach the top from a step ladder or an extension ladder that is leaning against the hedge.

Can the ELH be used comfortably and safely while on a ladder?

I also wonder if the bit that goes over my head would get caught on the steps as I climbed up and down.

Very interesting.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ELH can safely be used from level ground or a platform and from a bucket. I cannot recommend the use from a ladder. Simonsr has used from a Mobil platform and has liked the results, Jammy dodger as well from level ground surface with his pole pruner/hedger attachment. I guess the boom of the ELH could get caught on the rungs going up, always better safe than sorry, I say. All the best

easy-lift guy.

Easy-Lift Harness has just been reported on by HSE.

http://webcommunities.hse.gov.uk/connect.ti/agimages/viewpicture?pictureid=85837&albumid=5516&sort=createcommonname&dir=asc&startrow=1&trim=Y&layout=S&search

Take a look, see for yourself and than decide. "working smarter is always better than harder." All the best

easy-lift guy

Edited by Steve Bullman
broken link

• 2 weeks later...

Greeting's Fellow members of ArbTalk. Due to the strong response and interest surrounding the Easy-Lift Harness, for the Month of October a 10% discount of the normal retail price has been authorized by yours truly as a token of my appreciation for the members of ArbTalk. For futher details contact overton-uk.co.uk . This offer is for ArbTalk members only for the month of October 2011. Tell overton you read and saw this notice on ArbTalk. All the best.

easy-lift guy

Damn! Bought one a week ago.

I bought the Arborist model as you suggested but today I tried to reattach the second piston, in somebodys garden,(to use the pole saw) and the fiddly little retaining spring, sprang away, never to be seen again. Is there any easy way to fit them and can I have a spare please !!?

Apart from that it does every thing you claim and I have to say I am impressed. It takes a bit of getting use to and its cumbersome, but if you have alot of hedging to do and its clear of obstructions then its a very useful tool. My arms and back have benefitted. I have used it up a short ladder, with a tee piece, where it's not possible to use the Henchman and I didn't have any problems.

Sorry Porky, Where did you buy your ELH from?. I believe Overton UK should have spares. If not PM me and I shall have the matter taken care of Pronto!. Thanks for the kind remarks about the use of the ELH, HOWEVER Please do not use the ELH from a ladder. It is only designed to be used from the ground, a level platform, or a bucket. I await your pm.

Have a great weekend.

easy-lift guy

• 9 months later...

Been using the ELH for the last couple of days. Great bit of kit, had a wide beach hedge to do yesterday dread doing it every year. Can just about do it it from one side with the echo long reach. Normally kills my arms buy the end of the day, but with the ELH it was actually a pleasure to do.

The hedge normally takes a 8 hours to do but only took 6 1/2 this year because you can just keep cutting without a break.

Been using the ELH for the last couple of days. Great bit of kit, had a wide beach hedge to do yesterday dread doing it every year. Can just about do it it from one side with the echo long reach. Normally kills my arms buy the end of the day, but with the ELH it was actually a pleasure to do.

The hedge normally takes a 8 hours to do but only took 6 1/2 this year because you can just keep cutting without a break.

:thumbup:

• 5 months later...