Larch - just over a cubic metre (ish)

Ridd

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeti - your post could be interpreted as suggesting that it would be a good thing if the suppliers in your area (you included) could come to some agreement about the price you charge so that you could all increase your prices.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

oh heck no lol be nice if we could tho.i meant that basically theres few people round our area selling hardwood for far less than its worth selling themselves short,thus making it hard for the larger suppliers to charge decent price for it without losing custom.

oh heck no lol be nice if we could tho.i meant that basically theres few people round our area selling hardwood for far less than its worth selling themselves short,thus making it hard for the larger suppliers to charge decent price for it without losing custom.

That's a pretty short term outlook. No good for themselves or their customers in the long term. I guess you'd need to try and differentiate in some other way rather than price then, to charge the premium. Is there any mileage in custom log sizes? I know that my stove takes 14" logs and so I cut everything on that basis. It makes it simpler and more economical to cut, split, stack and carry from store to stove. Do you think folk would consider paying for loads cut specifically to their optimal dimensions? Could it be done in a way which could pay?

Short term outlook indeed.Price it lower and lower and then push themselves out of business when they realize it's not worth the effort.

Tried the cut to custom length game last year,but most my customs log stoves so always ends up six inch to 8 inch.

All we can do is supply driest wood at best price for largest load.I don't sweat it too much now anyway, my families been around since the thirty's in this game so we have seen It come and go in fashion for donkeys.

Just been spliting larch for past five hours and without gloves can safely say those little spliters sure are a pest lol.

I havnt notice much shift in cord price for softwood.Hardwood on other hands getting silly.I belive hardwood should be kept for making somthing nice out of not wasted and burnt.

Everyones got far too fixated on hardwood.I can't see the sense in it from a sustainability standpoint.