do u.....????????

pward

i have a few jobs coming in where trees are in conservation areas, no tpo trees just in theses designated areas, now every time i have one i have to submit a notification to the tree officer and planning, to carry out work, this comes in a form or email, and can be time consuming with a few calls to my local tree officer ( who just loves to stick a tpo on a tree if u propose the slightest thing wrong or he dosn't agree with what ur client wants, ever time i talk to him he has put on at least 2 from these notifications) now my question is it takes up my time and well should i charge for this service? if so im stuck on price?? :blushing: dont want to go over the top, or turn down work, what do u lot do ???

cheers

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently charge for the service, billing separately from the job, but if I win the job I deduct the fee for the notification/application from the end-price, as an incentive for the client to use my service. Doesnt always work, but I do get paid for my time in the event that I dont win the job.

i have a few jobs coming in where trees are in conservation areas, no tpo trees just in theses designated areas, now every time i have one i have to submit a notification to the tree officer and planning, to carry out work, this comes in a form or email, and can be time consuming with a few calls to my local tree officer ( who just loves to stick a tpo on a tree if u propose the slightest thing wrong or he dosn't agree with what ur client wants, ever time i talk to him he has put on at least 2 from these notifications) now my question is it takes up my time and well should i charge for this service? if so im stuck on price?? :blushing: dont want to go over the top, or turn down work, what do u lot do ???

cheers

Is the TO you refer to S.P ?

Paul , be carefull what you say as there are lots of tree officers from the devon and cornwall area . I know just how annoying it can be when the T.O does not give you the answer that you would expect of like BUT keep it profesionall .

As for the cost of carrying out such aplications you need to work out what it is costing you in your time - this depends on how indepth your report goes and how much liasing with the client and TO you need to do so in all honesty you need to work out what it costs you .

Anyway hope all goes well for you .

Cheers Dave