Breaking MS240/260?

IRONJACK

MS240 and MS260 use the same tank.

A 024/026 tank will fit but evidently you will then have the screw cap and worth noting also not all 024/026 tanks are translucent. However, it is not necessarily a straight swap. Depending on the age of the 024/026 tank, the tank vent needs to be taken off and replaced with a hose and grub screw as it prevents the use of the air filter with compensator compatibility which you would require. Again depending on age, some 024/026 saws use a different fuel hose which has a different size grommet, both fuel hoses are readily available just use the right one!

Additionally, what carb you have will determine whether you have to drill a third H/L speed adjustment hole if there are only two. The earth/kill wires may have to take a slightly different route also and make sure you use an MS240/MS260 master control lever as some 024/026 levers make it difficult to activate full choke when used with the MS240/MS260 air filter cover.

It might sound complicated but it isn't it is just little things some or all of which you may not have to do (depending on age of 024/026 tank).

Hi, I have one, about 6-7 years old I guess.. we took some bits off it the other day but there is still plenty left. I have a feeliing the rear handle chain deflector bit might be broke though but I'm sure the rest of the handle is ok.

I wouldn't be able to get it until monday to look though.

Thanks for the offer but I'm replacing it because the chain deflector in cracked.

If thats all that is wrong with the saw then cant it be repaired? (bodged)

Cut a piece of aluminium sheet to shape and gaffa tape it to the bottom of the cracked handle. Sorted.