zipline setup . . .

sjarthur

we had a second line that was measured to hit a stopper knot a metre or 2 from the end to stop you going into the tree. the zipline rope was yale ultra static access line

hi drew . . . thanks for the info. What sort of height difference did you have between the anchor points?

Did you have to put a lot of tension on the line?

Also im struggling to find the Yale ultra static access line for sale anywhere in the uk?

Cheers for your help

I do a bit of work for a rec climbing company for kids and do ziplines all the time.

If you don't want to manually brake them you can tie loose tool hitches (i think it's a marlin spike but not sure) on a tail line then as they reach a pulley at the top they slow you down gradually. Only problem being if you get it wrong your stuck.

Another idea we toyed with was to extend the brake line to the landing zone take it up 10 foot then take a couple of wraps with the tail and let it slow itself again. Yet again if it doesn't work you're gunna tarzan :001_tt2:

But if anyone does have any genious for a self braking zip line i'd love to know :thumbup:

Mike

Could always use a hitch climber as your pulley and have braking line tied off at start point, grigri attached to hitchclimber and braking line, not self braking but would work I guess.

It's stick with the way it's done in video, easy to do an less kit to buy ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, thanks for all of your respnses, theres some good ideas to be playey with.

i had considered a dynamic line attched to an anchor near the top end of the zip, a bit shorter than the required distance with an alpine butterfly about a meter from the tie off point with a few lengths of bungi cord between that and the anchor to really soften the impact.

what do you recon?