Anti theft paint or detterants ideas please

sasha.p

So much for private property rights. My suggestions were at a bare mininum and I do understand that it seems that the bad folks have more rights than the good folks, I guess that is why there are laws to some how protect all, or maybe new laws to protect the lawfull and deal with the unlawfull accordingly, at least thats how it works here in the states.

elg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just wrong really as the law seems to be on their side unfortunatley the one fence they have climbed in on is a 6ft fence on side of footpath no barb allowed from what the footpath officer has told us from the local authority when we originally fenced footpath off.

But they also came in over the gates which does have barb both ways have signs present saying about the dogs and private property unlike those filthy little scumbags i dont think i could smear **** on anything but the anti theft paint stuff idea whith it mixed with old oil sounds good im bound to have a few tins somewhere .

we have had the land for over 5 years and never any bother up until now and unfortunatly they appear to be the worst type of trouble as well dirty little buggers. im off up there this morning with my youngest and the dogs to get some work done but im gonna lock the gates so if they do turn up they will think nobody is there and i know one of the boys if off up there later too to do some work to his van we are bound to catch them at some point but i still think prevention is better than cure,we are off to the royal welsh show on wednesday and you can gaurantee they turn up whilst we are not about so going to get some signs made up for anti theft paint and keep it legal i think and get them up before wednesday and get it all coated.

Thanks for the advice all much appreciated :) its just a shame i cant spike the fance and gate and stuff ..personally would love to dig a huge man trap with spikes at the bottom and catch the swines lol.....but unfortunatly the law would have somthing to say about that

Problem is the ground is on a hill we levelled our driveway alongside the footpath and it would mean digging out the bank and bringing in tons more hardcore to widen it so a second fence could be placed alongside so not really practicle atm i think im going to approach the council footpath officer and find out what they say is allowed and double check and explain the situation i would put in blackthorn right the way along given half the chance it just annoys me that they are so destructive