Not strictly tree related but countryside related

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

matt were do you get the posters please i have a couple of areas i look after and they would be what i need to stop the lazy dog owners leaving it or bagging it and throwing in the brambles for me to hit when strimming. hate it:cursing::angry:

We get them from the Keep Britain tidy website. They are free but they do ask for a donation as they are a charity. We buy them 100 at a time in A3 and A4 size.

Order Your Materials

Nothing much to report today other than a new pond created on a stretch of trailway where the water dams up on the concrete wall. And a graphic but to the point poster we have been putting up on our sites.

HI MATT nice job there mate i no what to do BAG IT TIE IT BIN IT JOBS A GOODEN MATE :thumbup1:JON :thumbup:

HI MATT nice job there mate i no what to do BAG IT TIE IT BIN IT JOBS A GOODEN MATE :thumbup1:JON :thumbup:

What makes my blood boil is when they bag it then sling it into a tree or bramble patch. I've got a butterfly area to top soon before everything comes up properly but i am dreading the job as at a couple of points the ground is black with poo bags.:thumbdown:

Day two of the same sleeper bridge job. Just as well i site reccied it a week before hand. Would have only brought a single sleeper and and hand rail otherwise.

Looks good. What do you use for your non-slip material on the wood?

Looks good. What do you use for your non-slip material on the wood?

Its a GRP composite material with grit siliconed the top. We get it in 2.2 metre long strips for the sleeper bridges even though the sleepers are 2.4m long. The strips on the stile steps are meant for bridges but we are now putting it on our stile steps.

Edited by Matthew Arnold

What makes my blood boil is when they bag it then sling it into a tree or bramble patch. I've got a butterfly area to top soon before everything comes up properly but i am dreading the job as at a couple of points the ground is black with poo bags.:thumbdown:

thats what makes me mad can bend down and pick it up then just throw it in hedge or brambles. if they can pick it up hen throw in bin its not hard. i will catch one of them one day and talk to them on the errors of there way. how would they like to have it splatter them if i was strimming and it shot out and hit them in face. hence helmet and full face visor stops it. still have to clean it up afterwards YUK:w00t::mad1::w00t: