Tree Felling Training In the West Midlands Area

moteor

Hi thanks - its my first post here . . .

I was looking to train for the basic certificates for entry into the arboreal industry and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for where I can get the training I need to get the various cs 30/1/2 38 and 39, as i was looking to start my own business?

I was after a place where I could do "intensive" training for a week or something similar, and also a competitive (cheap!) price for these?

I have looked at the BASE website and was wondering of any other providers in the area?

Any help would be great -thanks!:thumbup:

I was looking to train for the basic certificates for entry into the arboreal industry and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for where I can get the training I need to get the various cs 30/1/2 38 and 39, as i was looking to start my own business?

I was after a place where I could do "intensive" training for a week or something similar, and also a competitive (cheap!) price for these?

I have looked at the BASE website and was wondering of any other providers in the area?

Getting qualified and start your own company will lead to an Major accident Get qualified and go and work for a company for a few years so you know what's what Rushing it to this type of work is dangerous.

Sorry to put a downer on it.

Base is quite good from what i have heard

Depending on who your working for really some will pay £50 a day other's £80.

Seeing that you own nothing (I assume) You will get maybe £50

If your only doing it for extra income grounds men is the way to go then and you can slowly work your way up.

Its always good to have a plan dont let what i said get you down. Work your way from the bottom up Good luck

Entry into arb comes with dragging brash and chipping up. You dont need any tickets for that, get a job first and give it a year and then you will know what to do next.

If you go out and get CS30,31, 38, 39 you wont actually be able to do any tree work, all you will have is some training to show that you know how to safely get up and down a tree and cut a branch off. You will not be taught any tree work.

So, with all the expense of training you will then not be able to get any work at all because you will think you are "qualified" and worth more. The only work you would be able to get is dragging brash and chipping so you might as well just do that in the first place.

If you cant get employment without tickets, then thats becasue there is very little work available and what there is goes to certain people who have the right approach/attituted/level of fitness or whatever it take to get on with the person employing. Tickets dont help IMO.

Entry into arb comes with dragging brash and chipping up. You dont need any tickets for that, get a job first and give it a year and then you will know what to do next.

If you go out and get CS30,31, 38, 39 you wont actually be able to do any tree work, all you will have is some training to show that you know how to safely get up and down a tree and cut a branch off. You will not be taught any tree work.

So, with all the expense of training you will then not be able to get any work at all because you will think you are "qualified" and worth more. The only work you would be able to get is dragging brash and chipping so you might as well just do that in the first place.

If you cant get employment without tickets, then thats becasue there is very little work available and what there is goes to certain people who have the right approach/attituted/level of fitness or whatever it take to get on with the person employing. Tickets dont help IMO.

I have to disagree. As a large Arb Approved company we will not take anyone on without NPTC tickets.

I do agree that having CS30/31/38/39 does not mean you know how to do tree work though!

Thats fine then if thats company policy. So someone with those tickets could start with you next monday then?

Or would you A) need to have a job vacancy. and B) need to actually like the person and think they are hardworking enough and trustworthy and have the right attitude etc etc and then give them a job.

What I'm saying is that the tickets dont get you a job, there has to be a job available and there are very few, and then there are other things to take into account as well.

I think its odd not to take on people without tickets though, even the AA dont require that. They do require that people have tickets for the task they are carrying out and that there are sufficient tickets holders on site for the overall task, but if you have three on site one doesn't need any tickets at all.

I guess though it easier for large companies to have everyone with tickets so you can mix and match teams more easily, but for work experience or as an additional pair of hands for a large job you just need the right person.

having employed 20 staff and being an instructor assessor for these units i can see and understand both points of view its kind of the chiken and egg story but entry level certificates of competence are vital in fullfilling H&S requirements but in most cases wont suffice in starting your own co

terry

Its much easier for me being a small company and being on site everyday to see what is going on and to make sure everyone is safe. If I was in the office/quoting all day then I would actually want everyone to have CS30,31 at least and of course all climbers and at least one groundie would have the rest.

I like having un ticketed people with no experience, they just seem to get on better with the job, or they are useless and dont stay long. Some have gone on to think about getting into tree work but in the meantime as long as they are happy to work as required, and as long as they are safe, then its all good. Much better than having ticketed people who bring their climbing kit for days chipping, and therefore do not have thier minds on the actuall job they have been asked to do.

Also I have had people with tickets who are just plain dangerous/rubbish on site, not looking where they are going or looking up. Or not wanting to rake up because its demeaning. Much better to sort all that out before doing any tickets IMO.