Cost of CS40 and 41 ?

your normally gonna pay a day rate for trianing cs40 2days for experienced climbers and 4 days cs41 it is possible to cut downt the number of days when courses are combined but in this case i wouldnt reccomend it

Edited by Steve Bullman

Hi Terry,

I would have thought an experienced climber would not need 6 days training to prune and rig a tree. Maybe the rigging course, but again that would depend on the level of competency the climber has rigging a tree and understanding the forces involved.

why do not think it is a good idea to combine the courses? Most people I know have done both cs modules at the same time. Although, that may be only the assessment and not the training.

Cheers,

Rich.

hi rich i think you can combine courses but not reduce the no of days,

reason for this is the training should far exeed the requirements of the assessment so therefore 2 days for cs 40 is normally about right if a person has read and fully understands the assessment criteria then they may pass the assessment but will probably miss out on vital training over and above basic assessment requirement

as for cs41 this is probably the biggest gap between assessment criteria and essential knowledge needed to rigg safely and efficiently therefore 4 days is normally about right but again it is always possible to pass the unit with less time on course if the ticket is the priority

terry

I did CS 41 a few months back, two days + assessment around £300. I am an experienced climber (over 10 years) and to be honest it was the big waste of three days and 300 quid. I'm not knocking the instructor who had good knowledge, but I learnt very little.. I was very disappointed.

At least I've been doing it right all these years.