Any other cold water swimmers?

Sam Thompson

its always appealed to me to do it, i used it a few years ago when i went on a survival coarse up in norway as part of my training dont have the time now, makes a propper man out of thee though. have a look on you tube at the south affrican guy who swims at the poles propper hard!!

I used to many moons ago when I lived in Dartmoor,used to get in the river Dart in the morning,as I was only a few yards from it,lovely.

Wouldnt want to round here in essex,probable end up with a genetic defect or suffer a sex mutation like the fish!!!:scared:

I'm a huge fan of outdoor swimming! Go whenever I can - the highlands are a dream for it. Went most recently a few weeks ago in the Tweed near Peebles one hot Friday afternoon. Wonderful long deep pool urn Neidpath Castle and the water was 19 degrees.

photo.php?fbid=10150632611620181&set=a.10150632611615181.692560.713640180&type=1

:thumbup1: I've done a fair bit of swimming while i've been up there. Corryvreckan is ace, I have never seen anything like it. Glen Etive is another cracker. Pretty much everything I have swum in north of Edinburgh has been brilliant, and so clean! It's a pain getting good swimming water down in Cheshire, a few old quarries etc. But up here in the lakes you just need to walk outside, there is so many great places to swim I am spoilt when I'm up here :thumbup1:

Big J, your link isnt/picture working :001_huh:

Sam

My darling other half suffers from this madness, any clear water she sees and she'll whip her kit off and plunge! Do you guys have the "wild swimming" book? It lists nice places to swim all around the country wich is great if you feel like a dip when you're not near home and unfamiliar with your surroundings.

We have that book... just moved to cumbria and my lass has been out swimming most days. I joined her last weekend for a swim in Ullswater... loved it when it started to rain, and I found a nice fishing lure... bonus.

Topped it off with a Guiness and a pie at the Agricultural Arms... Hmmmmm Guinessssss......:beerglass: