That time of year ( insurance renewal)

zeroluke

Last year I hunted high and low to insure a ford ranger daycab 4x4 for gardening and I got it for just over 1200 quid. Now its renewal time and they want 1500, and this is gladiator. Now I think I am being ripped off, I am sure of it as one or two tried miss-selling me cover for business use, claiming it covered own goods and hire and reward. I looked up firewood merchanting, and they wanted 2000 pounds! As if - with what I've seen some of you covered for on here, far less. What cover do you all have and how much?

Edited by zeroluke
spacky imac deleted something by accident

sorry for sounding like it was posted backwards, I'd only just got up. I'd no n.c.b for commercial use, but about 4 years off my car. I heard from 1 or 2 in the know that it isn't entirely based on what you might be exposed to risk-wise as a business, but what said insurance firm can get off you judging by what you earn for a living. It looks like a scam to me, along with most financial industries. One of them on the phone said well its because of all these uninsured drivers, or claims. claims wise, most are made far fetched by lawyers.

My main trade is landscape/maintenance gardening using a 56 plate Ranger, single cab 4x4. Fully comp through CVD (Commercial Vehicles Direct) £397. Only 3 years NCD. Direct Line who now do commercial cover, quoted less but I didn't think much of their level of cover.