After a terrier

THE88MAN

after years of having a faithful hound at my side and protecting the van,i find myself a bit lonely and finding it hard to get hold of a good terrier pup.bought a kc registered border pup which has turned out to have hip displacure and wonky knees,therefore rendered the missus lap dog (gutted).i have a barn filled with firewood and lots of rats,and a crippled border and a brainless chocolate labrador just aint gonna scare them! if anyone knows of a good terrier going please let me know,will consider anything,jack russell,border,cross etc,prefer a bitch and willing to travel.thanks,steve

whats the one in your avatar 88man?
thats pip,she's 8 months now and as i say she's got hip and knee problems so the missus has claimed her.my father had one and when he shot ducks it would fetch them out of the river (more a job for a lab!) they're hard as nails and soft as s**t at the same time.i thought about just getting a cheap terrier cross or even a jack as i too have rats in the firewood yard:scared1:

i was told when i resued my dog that a x-breed will have les problems with health and lve longer than a pedigree, which was more or less confirmed with that program martin clunes did.

the reason in the end i rescued a x-breed who is 13 now and only just going deaf and blind but been a figure of fitness otherwise.

in fact took him to the vets recently and she thought he was a pup (6-12months) and was amazed when i told her his age, plus had him castrated under 6 months which kept the puppy qualities.