Jobs you are proud of and will never forget.

David Goss

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my own personal memorable moment was doing Chelsea Flower show with my college, spent 2 weeks building it living in digs , sponsored by Bradstone and wined and dined at Chelsea FC and 2 days meeting and greeting the public, met all the famous horticulturalists and tv gardeners - fab. and on stand with bradstone sponsored leics. rugby club.

joy

one that always sticks in my mind is my first crane job, was passed onto me when a fellow arb company i do some subby climbing with didnt want to quote for the job so i quoted and did the job. after having reg coates invite me up to manchester to see him in action with a crane i was more confident but still bricking it :001_smile:

last picture is the first branch to come off that is where my heart was racing sticking the backcut in that :blushing:

Photo0262.jpg.33b1bd3ec343a5dca149f6b2b812b521.jpg

7.jpg.7528dcef62a51336422e0404db8a8b4d.jpg

2.jpg.ecbf11702af87e1d52294d500dfe22b3.jpg

I was interested to find out some of your proudest or most memorable moments from your work experience so thought i would start the ball rolling with this job i got while i was staying in Rome. I am proud of it because i got to do a proper job on what would otherwise have been butchered palm trees. Its not ideal to take off all the beard from a washingtonia palm as it uses it as protection from the weather but in this case, as it was in an exclusive hotel the owners didnt want any loose fronds coming down on their millionaires. Normally i have seen in these situations they will take off most of the green fronds as well leaving just a few new sprouts at the top but i was able to talk the owners out of that at least. As for being memorable well while 25 to 30 meters up a skinny palm tree swaying in the wind, as i turned round to shout down to my groundies i noticed 2 soldiers from the embassy next door using their telescopic rifle sights to get a better look at what i was doing!!! well that made the bowels turn a bit :lol:

I stayed at that hotel in August on my honeymoon!! Good job!!