New Pole system

Hiay guys

did anyone have a look at the new system that can be used when spiking a pole ? the system allowed you to work from a pole strop but at the same time your main line was part of the system which allowed you to decend from the pole using the strop as an anchor , and would also be acceptable to use in the event of a rescue .

sadly i did not get time to have a good lock or get any info . I wuld be greatfull if any of you can cast some light on this please

many thanks

Dave

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know anything about a new system but i use my climbing line with a running bowline choked on the pole and attached to a grigri. I use this in conjunction with my flipline and it works great. Especially when you need to go round the pole and its at a sloping angle, you can use the choked climbing line to stop you swinging round the pole. Also you can use it to get down easily and it can be retrieved by tying another line or the tail of the climbing line to the loop in the running bowline, then you just pull that when you get to the ground to retrieve your rope.

Any help?

Dont know anything about a new system but i use my climbing line with a running bowline choked on the pole and attached to a grigri. I use this in conjunction with my flipline and it works great. Especially when you need to go round the pole and its at a sloping angle, you can use the choked climbing line to stop you swinging round the pole. Also you can use it to get down easily and it can be retrieved by tying another line or the tail of the climbing line to the loop in the running bowline, then you just pull that when you get to the ground to retrieve your rope.

Any help?

Do you not find it a real pain in the arse though? I'll put one on if the poles wobbling around a lot as a back up but it really slows me down.

to be totally honest i have not tried it . i was looking at the idea for use on some of the smaller spruce etc that we clear near powerlines , it looked like an option and would make the RA a bit simpler as the climber would always have an anchorpoit,and in the event of a rescue it would speed the proces up . but like you say it would slow the proces down a bit i guess