Own Up!?!

PeteB

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm trying to say is that, while I don't disagree, some people just can't be told and when the local council is doing it then many people assume it's OK no matter how many times you explain to them about the bad bits. You know, I'm sure last time this topic was raised it ended up this way going backwards and forwards.

The bonus point for me now is that I can start to change the councils thinking somewhat and plant the right tree species in the first place. Now if we all managed to do that I'm sure we could solve the bulk of the issues from the outset. Now there's a thought; proper planning leading to a mtually acceptable outcome, who'da thunk.

The bonus point for me now is that I can start to change the councils thinking somewhat and plant the right tree species in the first place. Now if we all managed to do that I'm sure we could solve the bulk of the issues from the outset.

Proverbial nail on the head there. Mostly the problem lies with bad planning and just planting the wrong species in the wrong places. This leads to big trees in small spaces and the need for some tree works to be done. But i can never agree with doing bad work for the money so i will always offer the client or customer the best option. Never in my career has topping ever been the best option and if some ignoramus still wants that done then i say let someone else get the bad name for it. I do understand its hard for you to say no when the kids are needing the food on the table but i say sacrifice the kids and the wife, that way at least you will eat well for a while :lol:

That last bit was a bad joke i know but hey i ran out of morals and time and i just want to go to bed now seeing as its 2am gnight and please forgive me:001_rolleyes:

The bonus point for me now is that I can start to change the councils thinking somewhat and plant the right tree species in the first place. Now if we all managed to do that I'm sure we could solve the bulk of the issues from the outset.

Proverbial nail on the head there. Mostly the problem lies with bad planning and just planting the wrong species in the wrong places. This leads to big trees in small spaces and the need for some tree works to be done. But i can never agree with doing bad work for the money so i will always offer the client or customer the best option. Never in my career has topping ever been the best option and if some ignoramus still wants that done then i say let someone else get the bad name for it. I do understand its hard for you to say no when the kids are needing the food on the table but i say sacrifice the kids and the wife, that way at least you will eat well for a while :lol:

That last bit was a bad joke i know but hey i ran out of morals and time and i just want to go to bed now seeing as its 2am gnight and please forgive me:001_rolleyes:

As I say, it's ingrained in the area and the mindset. Still the topic is always likely to polarise people and there's nothing like a good feisty dicussion to start the day eh? Mind you, not sure what the wife will say when I tell her :confused1::thumbup:

I only posted the original thread as an example of truly awful work carried out by someone who doesn't know or care what they are doing. It was not intended to start a debate on what(or who) is right in the treeworld.:sneaky2:

Lighten Up Folks!

I only posted the original thread as an example of truly awful work carried out by someone who doesn't know or care what they are doing. It was not intended to start a debate on what(or who) is right in the treeworld.:sneaky2:

Lighten Up Folks!

Its been a good debate though dont you think? lots of valid points on both sides of the fence:thumbup:

I just think its an area that needs some clarity and i feel strongly about it. Sorry for hijacking your thread :001_rolleyes:

Hey David, No probs mate.

Information is king and the world is a better place for the differences in us all. Debate is good and reading intelligent posts is what is good for the less well able amongst us. The original post was, as I said, just a bit of fun poked at some god-awful treework that's all.

Lighten Up Folks!

Yeah, sure it wasnt.:sneaky2::001_tongue:

Anyhow as mentioned its nothing but a good bit of healthy debating. The most important bit being of course, that I am right.:thumbup: