STEIN Push-Talk-Listen Communication System

Nigel

I was interested to know if one had two teams working close will there be issues on the channels. Is the face microphone movable so it does not become snagged on branches/ropes? Can the connection system be used on all brands of helmets?

Thanks in advance.

You will have to put both teams on different channels, it only takes a few seconds to change the channels. The mic is mounted on a flexible boom. It will fit any he,met with a 30mm Euro Slot Adaptor (STEIN, PETZL, ETC)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dos anyone have pics of the set up regards to the cables.? Also what's the best way of keeping a hold of the radio on the ground if you only buy one headset? Do people attach it to their shirt it would just be good for the groundsman not to worry about picking it out the pocket every time they need to speak to the climber. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you GOGGLE Radio Holsters there are many types of chest holters available on the market

Ok got the ptt system and having a wee struggle setting the units up. Anyone got the perfect settings. I find sometimes that when you press the ptt button on the headset that it cuts out before you have finished the conversation. Help. Cheers

Ok got the ptt system and having a wee struggle setting the units up. Anyone got the perfect settings. I find sometimes that when you press the ptt button on the headset that it cuts out before you have finished the conversation. Help. Cheers

Give me a call and i will try and help you on this matter. Have you got the Midland G7E Radios?

• 2 weeks later...
If your gonna pay over ££300 for these you do t want to start putting duct tape on them. You want them right first time.

300 inc radios which are even usable outside of the arb world isnt bad.

ptt itself just under 240 inc delivery for a pair.

have had a few people breaking in over the top , council in my area , and pizza deliverys . not arsed thou , still good piece of kit to speed up the day

• 2 months later...

So we've been using these since monday and from the off i realized that i probably ahould of had some a when they first came out. Now its not just the communication with the climber and rigging but little things like walking somewhere twice, i.e coming back form the chipper only to be asked to get a pull line. Now its just a press of a button. So i estimate it saves anywhere from 30-1 hour on a 5 hour job site. Also the professionalism of you and your staff on site, no shouting by your elbow or stop cutting or the climber shouting free my line up. Its just easy and makes sense to use it. Although it looks like i need to have another one as it became apparent 2 on site were not enough when there are 3 of you trying to have a conversation.