A little help please

paul k

Hi

I'm doing a business studies for tree surgeons thing on my course at KTS and i don't know what the business differences are between domestic tree work and commercial tree work. I've been trying to find out on the internet but not coming up with much. The most i can gather is that domestic clients pay at the end of the job and commercial clients pay monthly or quarterly. Does anyone know any other differences?

From a business stand point I have not heard about Commercial clients paying monthly or quarterly as opposed to domestic clients paying after the job has been completed. For myself here in the states once work has been completed and a bill has been submitted to the client payment is due at that time. I have known of very few companies that offer terms of any kind for services rendered. Speaking for myself weather commercial or domestic work once the work is done, payment is due. "Remember it's your money that the client owes you for services rendered"

Good Hunting

elg

Do you know what "domestic" means??

domestic

- 4 dictionary results

–adjective 1. of or pertaining to the home, the household, household affairs, or the family: domestic pleasures.

2. devoted to home life or household affairs.

3. tame; domesticated.

It means, home. Therefore domestic tree work is at somebodies home and commercial tree work is at (or for) a business or other organisation.

Thats the only difference, it has nothing to do with when you get paid. Some business I work for pay straight away but its rare, and many domestic jobs dont pay at the end of the day which is annoying but often the case.

Other differences would depend on what the commercial body requires. So usually a higher level of qualifications/insurance/proffessionalism is required for commercial work but again this is not defining. It means though that domestic work is often cheaper (or can be got cheaper) than commercial work, again this is not defining.

Domestic is at home for a private homeowner who is effectivley paying for it out of the household income. Commercial is paid for out of a business account, thats the only real defintion of the two terms.

Ok, well the home/business is the only true exclusive difference.

YOu could say that with domestic work you are XX% more likely to get paid at the end of the day, but its not a definition of domestic.

How about domestics you can call them in the evenings to arrange things, but commercial jobs are usually organised within office working hours?

Domestic you are way more likely to get a cup of tea than commercial.

Again these are not difining differences but they are differences.

With domestics you are more likely to be asked to do other things "while you here"