(another) eucalyptus thread!

pyro

They are ever green, so when was it "out of leaf"?????????:confused1:

Where does it say out of leaf, or that the leaves dropped for Autumn/winter even? Now I'm confused?! It will still have a spring bud burst and new leaves, surely?

As said, leave it a while and see what happens, its unlikely to fall imminently. From what I can see in the pics it doesn't look dead, maybe suffered in the snow over winter. Many around me did, existing leaves browning and drying, some now starting fresh growth though. :)

There is a Gum tree say 25m high a few houses down from us - leaves brown and leaning so the outer branches and now over the base, the owners have a green house under it and if it goes it will goes through the house at the backs conservatory, but all the owners have done is put a height restriction for squirrels and cross their fingers.

Sort of does the fan dance in strong winds - amazed it's still standing.:confused1:

cheers guys, yeah thick bark peeling right back to the cambium (thats the word i was looking for!)

shed has been there for 30 years or so,

Ill leave it for a season or so and see how it bounces back!

cheers for the advice!

Ben

Just been to look at another eucalyptus today the frost got to it two years ago and again this winter dead as a doornail and honey fungus eating away at it. This is the 3rd we have done this year with another two booked in. Ive allso noticed loads more that have died so theres a good chance it will give up.

Loades have died round me, looked at one the other night and its booked in to come down, as brown and as dead as a dead thing, there a row of about 7 just next door to my yard entrance and all are dead with not a leaf on them.