My logs are famous!

AJR Firewood

Good advert. Love the beach boys!

VW all the way for me.....got a Caddy Maxi Sportline and a Transporter T28 180! Lovely vans!

I get about 28mpg from the Caddy and about 22mpg from the Transporter.

Would quite like some kind of VW dropside in the future for the wood. The Nissan Cabstar lets the side down a bit! It's a nice size and does the job but drives like crap and only does 60mph comfortably!

Hi there,

well a VW advert's not bad, but I have had my logs feature in not one but TWO Hollywood productions!!

I had a can one day from someone saying the were making a film locally with universal studios and they needed firewood for a scene, i though it was a wind up and told him I hadn't time to deliver if he wanted to collect come on over. Within the hour two burly blokes and a transit arrived!

They were well pleased with the wood and came back for more and even recommended me to another production company who got some for a HBO mini series!

Beat that!

by the way I love VW vans!

Yeah I realise that but they are 1/2-3/4 full of gear all of the time with a fat guy in the passenger seat and a triple extension ladder and roof ladder permanently on the roof. Also they get some hammer on the right hand pedal.

I'm fairly happy with the mpg considering.

A few years back I had a driving job in a "fleet" of five different vans - two Transits, a LWB high roof Sherpa, a LWB VW and some French thing (Pug / Renault / Citroen).

I'd rank the VW top, Transits second, Sherpa third and whatever the other one was last, purely on driving experience - however they're not really in the same class. The LDV was a twin wheel beast, underpowered when loaded up but huge. In our job, with lots of student drivers, they didn't get the chance to reach lunar mileages so it's hard to judge reliability.

28 mpg from the Caddy thing sounds a bit scary; I nearly bought the "car" version of one of them recently but at that kind of fuel economy I'm glad I didn't!

Don't let the mpg of the caddy put you off. It is a sportline and I have had it re-mapped to 190bhp.

I'm sure a standard car type caddy would do way better on fuel. I'm happy with 28mpg for it's speed and comfort but don't take my caddy as an example of the mpg you'd get.

It does a set of front tyres in every 4500 miles too:-)