Free allen scythe in essex.

geoff

• 1 month later...

Well, after a month or so puzzling out why the thing wouldn't start, I finally got round to diagnosing it on Saturday, driven by the failure of the ride-on and the rapidly increasing height of the grass.

A few bits of sorting later and this was the result:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQSgp_dg77Y]YouTube - ‪Allen Scythe‬‏[/ame]

On Sunday I cut about a third of an acre, and it's now stopped smoking having burnt off all the old oil. Running on Aspen, and it's really clean but I now have new aches it muscles I had forgotten I had. Time to go and cut another bit tonight. Thanks again Geoff, my character is developing rapidly!

Alec

It's stopped smoking now - the original mix for these was 16:1 with SAE30, and there was a fair bit of residue in the exhaust. A couple of litres of Aspen and it's now running pretty clean.

It's 147cc, so pretty brutal. I have a spare engine for it, so could try porting that, but to be honest I struggle to control it already! I've had it out this evening, buried under 7ft thistles, nettles etc, and it's only been thwarted by a 2in branch it found in the undergrowth. I on the other hand am knackered!

Alec

Last time I saw smoke like that - Luke had brought round a MS660 that had a tank of petrol, oil and Diesel in it - now being used in my lawnmower!

Nice job - love the wobbly bit on the front - just needs a bit of porting now!

Hands off Spud...its hard enough to cope with as it is....:laugh1: