Uprooted T.P.O

Yeti

Hi guys just wanted to make a quick check,local farmer next door to my land has bit of woodland that co joins our two pieces of land.He's knocking on a bit now and cannot be bothered cleaning the place up,he said if I want to clear up any trees that have fallen over or snapped in our last high winds I can have them for firewood.

The area has tpo on all trees in the woodland,just wondered if once it's uprooted itself am I able to cut it up or do I have to check for clearence before start work on them?

Hi guys just wanted to make a quick check,local farmer next door to my land has bit of woodland that co joins our two pieces of land.He's knocking on a bit now and cannot be bothered cleaning the place up,he said if I want to clear up any trees that have fallen over or snapped in our last high winds I can have them for firewood.

The area has tpo on all trees in the woodland,just wondered if once it's uprooted itself am I able to cut it up or do I have to check for clearence before start work on them?

Hmmm, I think communication with the LPA is key here...and very often elsewhere.

What you have to remember with the TPO legilsation is that your are effectively 'guilty' until you prove you 'innocense', opposite to the usual legal position.

Hence, in the very least, I would be sure to have good quality photographic evidence availbale to show the positions and condition of said trees before undertaking work.

Further is there an automatic requirement to replacemnet plant under the TPO? Something else worth checking.

There, typical 'AA bloke'..more questions than answers!!!..."Mr Sorenson???"

Well at least it's a start.

Cheers..

Paul

You could just take a picture and crack on BUT a phone call with a plan of action and a package to hand over to the TO is the way to easy street IMO.:biggrin:

If you call up and say i want to cut up a tree, is that ok? You can imagine the look on the TO's face :001_rolleyes:

If you Email him with a signed letter from the farmer saying you have permission, a copy of your certs and insurance, a management plan for what you want to do, and an invite for a site meeting at THEIR convenience with in a set time(obviously for the birdies sake) and i would imagine if that landed on the TO's desk in amongst a pile of abusive letters, texts and emails ranting about trees and views, telly signals and nasty leaves they will be grabbing their jackets and wellies and be running out the door to see the Big Yeti down the woods:thumbup1:

You could just take a picture and crack on BUT a phone call with a plan of action and a package to hand over to the TO is the way to easy street IMO.

If you call up and say i want to cut up a tree, is that ok? You can imagine the look on the TO's face

If you Email him with a signed letter from the farmer saying you have permission, a copy of your certs and insurance, a management plan for what you want to do, and an invite for a site meeting at THEIR convenience with in a set time(obviously for the birdies sake) and i would imagine if that landed on the TO's desk in amongst a pile of abusive letters, texts and emails ranting about trees and views, telly signals and nasty leaves they will be grabbing their jackets and wellies and be running out the door to see the Big Yeti down the woods:thumbup1:

:lol::lol: You had me burst out lughing there...! Lucky I didnt drink while I was reading. Hear, hear now THATS what I usually do :thumbup: Spot on Stephen.