Insect bites.

Mark Bolam

Midges love me :thumbdown: , which Avon skin so soft product is the one people use. just looked on the avon site and got well confused

Woodland Fresh Chief. I think my Dad is still an "Avon Lady" :lol: :lol:(Constant source of banter) Which means I think he gets it at trade, I'm not quite sure, I'll ask next time I see him :001_smile:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon that most people get bitten the same amount ie its not that the insects are attracted to some more than others.

I think its more to do with how different people react to the bite.

Therefore try antihistamines to help with the symptoms.

Just my thoughts and ideas after doing a bit of travelling and listening to how some people reckon they have sweeter blood etc etc.

I know I have been bitten loads of times but dont usually react to it, were as my Mrs does.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies.

Jungle Formula etc. is all good, but DEET is a bit harsh to let my new baby nuzzle into my neck!

I've just spent 10 days back in Northumberland, and my Mam had some Avon Skin so Soft dry oil spray.

It worked so well I didn't even get bitten cycling round Kielder! Needless to say I'm about to order shed loads of it! Will also try the sandalwood soap because the little buggers often get me straight out of the shower.

Re the antihistamine thing, I don't fancy taking them for the rest of my life, and I reckon the body would quickly build up a tolerance.