Lee's Fishing forum

Lee Winger

Cracking day out from Southwold. Started off fishing for bait, mackerel and sand eels, on feathers. I stuck a pirk below the feathers, and pulled in a nice 5lb cod, he must have been fishing for sand eels too! Then we moved out about 15 miles over the sand banks, after bass. Each drift was a success, everyone on the boat pulling in at least one fish per drift, ranging from 4lb to 9lb. the tiddlers (sub-40cm) were put back due to fishing regs. All in all a cracking day.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my son Eli had a good mornings fishing today, from a secret beach location haha , 56 mackerel caught on 28 gram dexter lures, and feathers...

Yep thats me cooking fish on the barbie in me boxers sorry lol, could be worse I could be topless lol, i'd been up for 24 hours caught a 9lb mullet in the afternoon, what a fish...

100_2841.jpg.5551e7cb99efef81008831a2076c814e.jpg

100_2843.jpg.d595baddd2c3944e9364fc57719f32cb.jpg

100_2842.jpg.b85fb534361b486dcf7dc3c4148b373f.jpg

I only kept about a dozen as no one else in the house eats them, and the freezer is a bit full of cod and bass right now!! I'll have to scan and post the recipes over the weekend sometime as its just about beer o'clock now!

It's a crisp dry Chardonnay o'clock in this house mate, and I'm loving every minute of it lol

6 fresh, even sized mackerel

1 chopped large onion

4fl oz vinegar

4fl oz water

2 whole bay leaves

4 whole black peppercorns

Salt

Method:

Make slices along both sides of the fish to allow the flavours to properly penentrate when cooking

Now introduce the ingredients to the fish, finishing with adding the vinegar, then cook as follows;

Cover well with a lid or foil and cook in a moderate oven (180degC/350F or gas mark 4) for 20 to 20mins or until the flesh just leaves the bone. Leave to cool in the liquid, which will have a jellied texture, before serving with a salad. If you have less fish to cook, adjust the quantity of ingredients accordingly.