034 got a flop on

Yeti

Hi chaps my 034 has developed an absolutly frustrating amount of Loose play between chassis and engine.I've changed the annular buffers Which has improved it a little but even under it's own weight biting into a log the air filter casing and engine casing actually lose the gap between them and the whole saw feels like it bends in the middle(which it does like a blinking bananna)

What els could be wrong? The things coming close to getting smashed it's bugging me that badly

Very difficult to tell without seeing it but if I had it in front of me, I would be checking every mount between the rear handle/"chassis" and the engine plus making sure all the AV mounts are correctly fitted.

Can't be much more help - are you sure nothing is missing on your saw - if one mount is missing, this can cause saws to have a large amount of play between the engine and rear handle asssembly!

Have you checked it against the IPL?

Everything appears to be there when I had her to pieces,the anti vibration rubbers seem to be in correctly as far as I know (obviously I'm no saw technician lol)

Forgive my stupidity but what is an IPL?.

Everything appears to be there when I had her to pieces,the anti vibration rubbers seem to be in correctly as far as I know (obviously I'm no saw technician lol)

Forgive my stupidity but what is an IPL?.

Illustrated Parts List:001_rolleyes:

Plance éclatées 034 : Smaf-Touseau.com

Just check again all points of connection plus any buffer rubbers that may make a difference!

Hi andy I'm going to re check my buffers are in correctly if thy yields no results then that be a huuugggeee help,mechanical parts I'm great with as ex mechanic but all the auxillary parts of the saw I find rediculously fiddly for my 3xl sized hands.

I'm in barrow in Furness where are you located bud?

Ah spot on only five mins up the road good to see another local on here :)

After good check about one of the rubbers wasn't quite seated correctly it's steadied it up a bit,however it's still wobbly if I shake it with the bar on you can actually feel the engine wobble and the bar.Its like the bars too heavy or somthing,it's only an 18" stihl rollamatic

Aye everythings nipped up good and hard,think it's probably as good as I'm going to get it,now to sort out the oil slick that's occurs everytime I run it.Seems to be pumping too much out so I'll have to tweak the pump.